Hit Z Road» Forums » General

Subject: Solo Game High-score race rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Steger
Austria
Absam
flag msg tools
As someone who enjoys the Solo Variant for this game, it would be nice to read your High-scores in this thread.
Mine is 16 so far.
But i have to say that i changed the rule for the first path, i only get one resource, not two. This increases the challenge :-).
So whats your score while entering sunny LA ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 17 on my first try:

* 2 points from resources (the hidden card on my last leg made me spend 2 gas or survivors, which were at 4 and 3)
* 6 x 2 + 3 x 1 = 15 points on cards
* 0 points for finding the shelter because I was a coward and didn't fight zombies on the contaminated path first turn to get the map

I think that anyone who wants to be competitive in this thread should be trying to get the map in Chicago. That means blind cards if you don't see a map in the display and restarting if you don't get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Steger
Austria
Absam
flag msg tools
Tried again 2 times:

1st: only 11
I had a hard time in the second stage, and did not get the map.....
1 point for recources
10 from the events
Had to use gas and so missed some eventpoints...

2nd: AMAZING TRIP ! 23 Points !!

5 points for resources
6 points for the bunker
12 Points for eventcards

This was a lot of fun - i did concentrate on my resources, using gas for pointless fights and fought ranged as much a possible ( keeping 5 ammo in stock ), also found one survivor which i have lost on the way.

Played as always with rules change - only get one resource on first path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 points on resources is amazing and 23 will be hard to beat. I assume that you must have been taking the blind path most of the time. (For 17 I usually took the middle path.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Steger
Austria
Absam
flag msg tools
I cant memember exactly, i think i took the first path 3 times, perhaps 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Csepregi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
21 points is my best out of 4 games. With the map token bonus (+6 points) I think even a 30 is possible, but highly unlikely. A lot of luck is needed to reach such high points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
are there any variants for the solo play that also include the auction mechanism?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The resource differential in the three routes simulates three bidding options with the amount of hidden information being a proxy for danger/not getting the route you expected (and preventing you from calculating the best route).

I guess you could simulate a multi-player game and flip bottle caps for a 50% chance of raising bidding to the next level. Make all routes visible and give your opponent a free bid any time one of his tokens matches an event. Your opponent will take your favourite route unless tokens indicate otherwise. Spend bidding tokens and people evenly to pay for auctions, but don't gain/spend resources otherwise. Compare scores at the end using solitaire scoring, assuming your opponent takes all cards. There might be a game in this; report back if you actually try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
i tries playing with two characters and it didn't go so well )

i made a minor modification to the original solo rules: the first row now gives only 1 resource, for the second row you now need to SPEND one resource, and for the second row you need to spend 2 resources (no modification here). i liked it much more this way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.