$30.00
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, just a quick couple of questions regarding madness.
1) I have the Ongoing mythos card, (Growing madness). lead investigator gains a madness condition each time the reckoning effect occurs, then discards 1 eldritch token, there are 4 eldritch tokens on the card, I thought you could only ever have 1 madness condition? so how do I resolve this?

2) I just drew another mythos card, (Haunting nightmares).It say's, each investigator loses 2 sanity and gains a madness condition, again my investigator(s) already have a madness condition. Am I missing something in the rules regarding madness?

3) Are there any special rules regarding the yellow dotted unchartered paths? if i'm 2 spaces away from a location and the one way to get to that location is along an unchartered path then theres no way to get to it during 1 turn?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
1) I have the Ongoing mythos card, (Growing madness). lead investigator gains a madness condition each time the reckoning effect occurs, then discards 1 eldritch token, there are 4 eldritch tokens on the card, I thought you could only ever have 1 madness condition? so how do I resolve this?

2) I just drew another mythos card, (Haunting nightmares).It say's, each investigator loses 2 sanity and gains a madness condition, again my investigator(s) already have a madness condition. Am I missing something in the rules regarding madness?

There are several types of madness condition (e.g Amnesia, Paranoia, Hallucinations,...) you can have one of each.

Quote:
3) Are there any special rules regarding the yellow dotted unchartered paths? if i'm 2 spaces away from a location and the one way to get to that location is along an unchartered path then theres no way to get to it during 1 turn?
thanks

There are no special rules but there are no tickets to travel along them, so unless you have some way to move twice you will not be able to travel along 2 in a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, So just to clarify, when it say gain a madness condition and you already have one, do you have to search for one you haven't already got? not just draw from the bottom of the deck until you come across one? which is what I've been doing? thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Thanks, So just to clarify, when it say gain a madness condition and you already have one, do you have to search for one you haven't already got? not just draw from the bottom of the deck until you come across one? which is what I've been doing? thanks

you still draw from the bottom of the deck until you come across a madness condition, but you skip those that you already have.
In the rare case you already have ALL madness conditions, simply nothing happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:

If your first move is along the uncharted path, and the second is by rail or sea and you have the appropriate ticket, you can get there in one turn, using the ticket. Or if you have some sort of travel enhancer (astral travel spell, personal ability, etc.), you can use that to get you there in one turn, possibly, depending on the item. Otherwise, it's going to be two turns.

Given the nuisance value of getting to remote locations, it's frequently a good idea to get a ticket before going there, so you can get out and to somewhere useful quickly afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:

thanks

The description of "Gaining Possessions and Conditions" in the Reference Guide is really quite helpful.
Quote:
Gaining a Card with a Specific Trait: Some effects instruct an investigator to gain a card with a specific trait (for example, “Gain a Madness Condition”). The investigator searches that card type’s deck then discard pile for the first card matching the specified trait and gains that card. Then he shuffles the deck.

 An investigator that gains a Spell or Condition in this way searches the deck for the first card matching the specified trait he does not already have and gains that card.

Also, the Ref Guide is quite instructive on the topic of Uncharted Paths and Travel
Quote:
Each path connects two adjacent spaces and has one of the following types: Train, Ship, or Uncharted. The legend on the game board identifies each path type.

As an action, an investigator moves to any space adjacent to his current space. Then he may spend any number of travel tickets, moving one additional space along a Train path or Ship path for each Train Ticket token or Ship Ticket token spent, respectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.