Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dodge and weave with shield bash combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday was facing a swamp dragon with 5 swiftness poison attack with 9 armor.

I powered dodge and weave to reduce its attack from 5 to 1.

Powered shield bash for 10 block.

Needing only 2 block since it has now an attack of 1 with swiftness, that leaves me with an extra 8 block, with which shield bash effect reduces the dragon armor from 9 down to 1. Since I didnt get any wounds, Dodge ans Weave gives me some attack which kills the dragon.

Is this correct? Or because it has swiftness, I need 2 extra block to reduce 1 armor like when the enemies attack is fire/ice? So it would have reduced the dragon armor from 9 to 5 instead?

Edit : So, after thinking about it, swiftness only doubles the attack value of the monster, so the swamp dragon armor should have been reduced from 9 to 1 ?

Edit 2 : Seems swiftness, in the rule, says it requires double block value to block. So I guess in the end, it would reduce the armor from 9 down to 5 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada gave some clarifications that are relevant to this question:

Re: FAQs on Lost Legion

As I apply his response to this question, you would need Block 1 to block the Swift Attack 1 (with each point counting twice), so you have 4 more than needed, so you would reduce enemy armor by 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.