Scythe: Invaders from Afar» Forums » General

Subject: Meander and Wayfare abilities for 6-7 /scythe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
krzysztof arshenik
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi,
does any one know what kind of ability will replace Meander and Wayfare? And will it be allowed to use it only fo 6+players or replace it for good?
What will be special powers of ALbion and Togawa? Jamey, please give us a bit of info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey has said they are posting the rulebook on friday morning so I guess we'll find out then.

Also Man vs Meeple have released a review video with all the player boards etc easily on show so you can view the special abilities on there.

What I'm curious about is how the abilities are replaced - is it an entirely new board, or a token which sits over them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a video here, showing the components and how the new abilities work, if you're interested:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Watching it now Rodney!

Crimean Wayfare: Move to any unoccupied farm

Polania Meander: Pick up to 2 options for each encounter card. At the end of the game gain $3 for each encounter territory you control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly is an 'encounter territory' ? Do they just mean a normal hex and not your home base ?

Also, kinda weird that Jamey hinted that one of the new factions would interact with the Objective deck (spot for that deck being on the board serves no purpose otherwise). I guess he changed his mind ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
What exactly is an 'encounter territory' ? Do they just mean a normal hex and not your home base ?

Also, kinda weird that Jamey hinted that one of the new factions would interact with the Objective deck (spot for that deck being on the board serves no purpose otherwise). I guess he changed his mind ?

An encounter territory is one of the territories that begins the game with an encounter on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:

Encounter territory is one with the encounter symbol on (where you put the encounter tokens, and draw encounter cards if you finish your characters movement there). (Thats what I assume anyway, logically that makes sense).

No idea about the second point, maybe Jamey will let us know?

Edit: Dammit ninja'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol duh !! shake

Wow, cant believe I didnt realize that on my own, its been awhile since we played. I was thinking encounter as in a hex with an ongoing battle, totally forgot the encounter tokens.

Thanx guys ! I gotta preorder this !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:

What I've said is that when I was designing Scythe, it occurred to me that it is possible that a future expansion may offer interactions with the objective deck, so it would be better to have a place on the board for that deck. That's just a designer note, not a hint at anything specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.