GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,822 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Updated mice initiative cards with downwood tales? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G H
Germany
flag msg tools
I just received the german copy of both the base game and downwood tales and I am a little bite confused about the cards.

In the base game I have Maginos with

1/1/3/2

stats both on the hero board and his initiative card. With downwood tales I received an initiative card with

2/1/3/2

For Lily I also received a new initiative card with downwood tales, with the difference that all versions show the stats to be

2/2/1/2

The initiative cards show a little "3" on the bottom right, stating that they belong to the expansion. I did not receive additional cards for the other old heroes. I noticed however that the newer cards show a bow and arrow for the attack value rather than the sword on the old cards. However, I am confused with the change of the attack value of Maginos. Are there cards missing? Which ones should I use? Also, it feels a little odd using the new Maginos initiative card with the hero board showing the old attack value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Downwood Tales, sometimes you can use mice as "allies".
This means they are not fully part of the group, but they 'play support' using only the stats on their initiative card (no bonuses or abilities).

To this end, Lily and Maginos got extra cards to indicate that they are ranged figures (the bow icon) when used as an ally.
Maginos' extra card also got attack 2, because they still take his +1 staff bonus into account.

Whenever you play them as normal though, just use the original initiative cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.