Subject: Hero Realms Unboxing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you which didn't already see it:

EDIT: What a shame he didn't open another hero pack, we already knew the wizard^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
While I would appreciate it had they commissioned new art for the Gold cards, I like that the frame is the Wizard's on them. That's at least that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
Razoupaf wrote:
While I would appreciate it had they commissioned new art for the Gold cards, I like that the frame is the Wizard's on them. That's at least that.

I have mixed feelings on this. Part of my would like to see new art but part of me likes that they use the old art. It makes it easier to tell what you have at a quick glance.

I do like that they made them a little different with the titles though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
TechnoGolem wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

I have mixed feelings on this. Part of my would like to see new art but part of me likes that they use the old art. It makes it easier to tell what you have at a quick glance.

I do like that they made them a little different with the titles though.

This has been a problem for M:tG a while back actually. They commissioned different artworks for common cards to reinforce the collectible aspect of the game, but it didn't exactly help the flow of the game, so they stopped. They're still doing it through reprints, though.

In the case of Hero Realms, I don't think it would be a problem. "Gold" is pretty explicit, and they could easily keep the artwork full art, so you would still instantly recognize the card for what it is. Ascension used to have different artwork on the starter decks and always available, and I don't think it made them any harder to tell, because of the obvious lack of text on them

But I appreciate your answer any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.