Popular Tags: [View All]
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The card Spin Around specifies that the affected car cannot pit on that turn, but the card Spin-Off doesn't.
Does this mean the affected card can pit? It doesn't make much sense thematically, but the card doesn't say no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It may pit as there are no rules stating that it may not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait. Jeff, when I asked this question the other day, though you did not yourself respond you "liked" a response from someone who said it could NOT pit since the car was outside the track at the end of turn. I don't see much difference between "spin around" and "spin off." In fact, spinning off the track might be harsher and it seems strange to allow pitting in that circumstance and not when spinning around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hgcoleman wrote:
Wait. Jeff, when I asked this question the other day, though you did not yourself respond you "liked" a response from someone who said it could NOT pit since the car was outside the track at the end of turn. I don't see much difference between "spin around" and "spin off." In fact, spinning off the track might be harsher and it seems strange to allow pitting in that circumstance and not when spinning around.

Harold. I understand the question, I do. But I must look at the cards and rules as written to make judgments. In this instance Spin Around clearly indicates that the car may not pit. Spin Off makes no such demand.

If you believe that I have made an error in consistency on one of these cards, please feel free to make a house rule to your liking. However on this forum and for "official" reference (if it is ever needed), I will try to not create rules that are not in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
hgcoleman wrote:

Harold. I understand the question, I do. But I must look at the cards and rules as written to make judgments. In this instance Spin Around clearly indicates that the car may not pit. Spin Off makes no such demand.

If you believe that I have made an error in consistency on one of these cards, please feel free to make a house rule to your liking. However on this forum and for "official" reference (if it is ever needed), I will try to not create rules that are not in the game.

That other person that stated you can't pit was me.
I figured since the car gets placed on the "outside"by the Spin-Out event of the track it couldn't pit. The mention of Pit exit speed for entrance is there to govern how to reenter the track.
Since "Spin Around" places the affected car in the Pitlane, the "no pitting" is neccessary to mention.

My understanding was that both of these events was "no pitting" for the affected car. One by the text and one by the placement of the car.

I will edit the other thread if the car can pit when affected by "Spin-out".

Stig Morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.