Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curious Fu
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
mb
The rules state that:

When you want to use an already occupied action space, you must pay for it. You must pay as many coins as the die value of the lowest value die you are using to perform the action.

I have always paid these coins to the bank. However, I wondered whether it would be fun to pay these coins to the player who owns the dice we place ours on top of. . . Then I wondered whether these were the actual rules!

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

If I have been playing it correctly (not paying the player, rather, paying the bank, has anyone tried paying the player?

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

You played it right: extra money for using an occupied dice space must be paid to the bank.

I never tried the variant of paying them to the player.
By the way, which player do you intend?
1) The one that put his dice last?
2) The one that put them first?
3) Or all players that put their dice on that spot before you?

Anyway, I feel that the game is exquisitely balanced as it is, and that throwing this wrench in one of his most fundamental cogs will definitely make the game go wild and make some or most of the characters go really off-balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
make some or most of the characters go really off-balance.

Agreed.

I'm looking at you, Berke Khan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curious Fu
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
mb

Thanks for the clarification!

By the way, which player do you intend?
1) The one that put his dice last?
2) The one that put them first?
3) Or all players that put their dice on that spot before you?

My intent was 1) Pay the one that put their dice last; the one who put theirs down just before you. My friend, not especially fond of Euro style games, was actually the one who suggested this and wanted to be rewarded for blocking another player... "The money has to go somewhere, why not me? Its because of me you have to pay" he lamented!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.