Subject: Cards to big for a travel game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am considering purchasing this as a travel game but am concerned that the (some would say excessively) large cards might mean that it requires too much table space to qualify.

Can anyone comment on this? Would you take play it on a train? An airplane?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are pretty big, but you can overlap them as all the useful info is along the top edge. Could easily be played on two fold-down plane tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are Dixit size yes, but the information you really need is all at the top of the cards so you can easily lay them on top of eachother with only the symbol of the suit and the property of the cards showing.

Last month when I was on vacation I removed the cards from the box and took them with me in a small zip bag. Great as a travel game imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are using an airline, I would say use scorepad and leave madness chips at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:
If you are using an airline, I would say use scorepad and leave madness chips at home.

that is the second iteration of the game. No madness in tides of Time.

As others have said the info is on the top part of the game.
Left for type and right for scoring

I see you own hive. that's a decent travel game imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't own Hive, I have played it (hence why I've rated it) but don't have my own copy. Might have to get it though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
KrisVerbeeck wrote:
knuckles29 wrote:

that is the second iteration of the game. No madness in tides of Time.

Well, interesting you say that actually. I went ahead and ordered "Tides of Time". Then the company got back to me and apologised saying they didn't have any left in stock but would I like a copy of "Tides of Madness" instead. I said yes. So, looks like I will have the madness chips to contend with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.