4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Diplomacy Party! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, I wanna organize a Diplomacy partyarrrh. Howd u folks go about it? How you make everyone understand rules? What else do u need apart from the game and some people.

All suggestions greatlt appreciated! DD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles A. Davis
United States
Greeneville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I did. This invitation was sent to people that I was relatively sure would respond. I sent about 10 and ended up with a game of 7.

Diplomacy Friday Night

I am trying to organize a game of DIPLOMCY by Avalon Hill Games for this Friday. Below is a description of the game. I am inviting you and your significant other (if they want to play or just hang out) to come. You may also invite anyone else that is interested in playing. The game is not short. Most game conventions set aside 7 hours to complete the game. I expect we can finish a game in less than 5 hours. I would like to start about 5:00 p.m. (Definitely before 6) to give us plenty of time. The game allows for plenty of time to socialize so I will provide the munchies and entertainment for onlookers (TV, VCR, other games). You will have to provide drinks and extra munchies

I need you to R.S.V.P. by Thursday at NOON. Leave a message at _____. From 4 to 7 people can play. If more than 7 are interested we will work something out.

Description of Diplomacy followed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
A game of diplomacy is not a party. It is more like a knife fight.

The game can be brutal. Picking the right people for the game is very important. Ask them if their feelings would be hurt if someone they completely trust stabs them in the back in the game. If the answer is anything other than no, don't let them play.

Someone should know the rules well and be able to explain them. Show a few examples on the board before starting. Explain the orders (hold, move, support a hold or move). How supports work & when they can be cut is very important. Explain convoys last.

Pencils, paper, and a timer are needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I'm overdue to throw such a party myself. You will need:

1) Food. The game lasts all day, so provide lots - and try to lean towards actual sustancence. A large cold buffet is perfect.

2) Experienced players. But if you can't get them, send everyone a copy of the rules (and an image of the map, if you are using e-invites). Always offer a rules breifing half an hour before game start.

3) Conference maps, pencils, and clip boards.

4) A copy of Animals, by Pink Floyd.

5) An item of period military garb.

6) Hidden recording devices - just kidding.

Have a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.