Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Slater invocation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: SlaterSlaterSlater [+] [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now it seems to me that if one is to invoke slater into a thread, it needs to be done with some pizzazz. The basic
Quote:
slater, slater, slater

is alright but seems to lack something. Perhaps
Quote:
By the pricking of my thumbs,/Something slater this way comes.
15 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
By the pricking of my thumbs,/Something slater this way comes.


That's what she said...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How about:

"Slater, this thread is interesting, can you come post twenty times in a row with no actual content and stop the momentum of the discussion?"
17 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Now it seems to me that if one is to invoke slater into a thread, it needs to be done with some pizzazz. The basic
Quote:
slater, slater, slater

is alright but seems to lack something. Perhaps
Quote:
By the pricking of my thumbs,/Something slater this way comes.


I don't think Slater deserves poetry for invocation. The best he deserves is some Betelgeuse treatment, and even that's a stretch.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Now it seems to me that if one is to invoke slater into a thread, it needs to be done with some pizzazz. The basic
Quote:
slater, slater, slater

is alright but seems to lack something. Perhaps
Quote:
By the pricking of my thumbs,/Something slater this way comes.
I rather like the latter, it some up my image on RSP rather well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
How about:

"Slater, this thread is interesting, can you come post twenty times in a row with no actual content and stop the momentum of the discussion?"
That is pretty much most posters, other then the 20 times (just the same length of text in one post).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Now it seems to me that if one is to invoke slater into a thread, it needs to be done with some pizzazz. The basic
Quote:
slater, slater, slater

is alright but seems to lack something. Perhaps
Quote:
By the pricking of my thumbs,/Something slater this way comes.


I don't think Slater deserves poetry for invocation. The best he deserves is some Betelgeuse treatment, and even that's a stretch.
I'll let you decide for $40 worth of boardgame.
7 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How much $$ can I get for NOT writing a script that invokes slater in every new thread?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
6 
 Thumb up
0.07
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
In Russian too, Putin, sorry, Donald would love it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaatu barada Slater!
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Klaatu barada Slater!
If you do not say the last part the army of WhoWho will rise up and devour RSP.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
Who?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
How much $$ can I get for NOT writing a script that invokes slater in every new thread?
precisely zero of the currency of your choice
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
How much $$ can I get for NOT writing a script that invokes slater in every new thread?

100 GG for overtext? 0 GG if you're willing to be:
J
I·invoke·slatersteven

__

TheChin! wrote:
Klaatu barada Slater!

Wouldn't that be, "Slater barada nikto"?
__

Wake me up if steven actually gets the bribe.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
jmilum wrote:
How much $$ can I get for NOT writing a script that invokes slater in every new thread?

100 GG for overtext? 0 GG if you're willing to be:
J
I·invoke·slatersteven

__

TheChin! wrote:
Klaatu barada Slater!

Wouldn't that be, "Slater barada nikto"?
__

Wake me up if steven actually gets the bribe.
I did the last time JARRED offed it to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:
jmilum wrote:
How much $$ can I get for NOT writing a script that invokes slater in every new thread?

100 GG for overtext? 0 GG if you're willing to be:
J
I·invoke·slatersteven

__

TheChin! wrote:
Klaatu barada Slater!

Wouldn't that be, "Slater barada nikto"?
__

Wake me up if steven actually gets the bribe.
I did the last time JARRED offed it to me.


Isn't "jarred" the past tense of the verb "jar"? I'm confused...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:
jmilum wrote:
How much $$ can I get for NOT writing a script that invokes slater in every new thread?

100 GG for overtext? 0 GG if you're willing to be:
J
I·invoke·slatersteven

__

TheChin! wrote:
Klaatu barada Slater!

Wouldn't that be, "Slater barada nikto"?
__

Wake me up if steven actually gets the bribe.
I did the last time JARRED offed it to me.


Isn't "jarred" the past tense of the verb "jar"? I'm confused...
That does not surprise me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
Who?


This is even better because Slater doesn't know who Slater is.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
This is even better because Slater doesn't know who Slater is.
For some things ignorance really is bliss.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy shit...even Magic 101 students know that if you are doing a slater summoning you need a salt circle to keep him from escaping back into regular RSP.

You could have killed us all.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Holy shit...even Magic 101 students know that if you are doing a slater summoning you need a salt circle to keep him from escaping back into regular RSP.

You could have killed us all.
You mean a circle jerk is not regular RSP?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Slater invocation "pithy-sprinkles*
thumbsupblush "Thumbing your 'prick' ALSO!" SHALL S`Sooner OR S`Later eventually!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


I had to screen capture this image this morning.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.