Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
So most games have unique names or are part of a family.
That's what I thought about Allegiance.
That the first one was War of the Factions, Allegiance: War of Factions, and then this was the sequel.

But they are completely different, so I wonder why the similar naming convention, down to the ":" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmb
I was curious about the name as well, and found out in the games back story. But as why it's so similar to the other game, I think UG will have to answer that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levesque
Canada
Verdun
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is just a subtitle, following usual English style. From Wikipedia article on titling:

Quote:
In printing, subtitles often appear below the title in a less prominent typeface or following the title after a colon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtitle_(titling)

Both options are used, on the box and on the BGG game page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Masterdo wrote:
I think this is just a subtitle, following usual English style. From Wikipedia article on titling:

Quote:
In printing, subtitles often appear below the title in a less prominent typeface or following the title after a colon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtitle_(titling)

Both options are used, on the box and on the BGG game page.

A "subtitle" indicates a relation to the main title. Therefore if you have two components (subtitles) it suggests they belong to the same family/title.

These two games do not belong together, they are not part of same family or "universe"...hence the query of the use of the ":"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.