Popular Tags: [View All]
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished my first game (a minor victory! and using only the basic rules) after carefully studying the rule book and consulting here. I did end up with one question. When the Spanish show up, are you allowed to attack them at each step of the way, or can you only attack after they reach lands that you control?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Krista,

Check page 19 on the second column under the red Important heading.

It says..

Important: The Spanish and Indian armies simply coexist on their Warpath. They do not fight each other, and you can only Attack the one that is closet to Cahokia; if both Armies are in the same Land, you must designate which one you are Attacking first.

So you would have to wait until the Spanish advanced to where the Indian army exists on that track.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I remember reading that but just didn't absorb it, I guess. I did try to attack them at each step, but failed until they were on the same space as the Cherokee, so actually I just hurt myself! I could have been using the 1 free AP to drive back some of the other tribes (curse De Soto and his two dice ambush).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've cursed De Soto before too. The Spanish always seem to pick the track I least want them to. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.