Subject: KS delivery? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
platypus
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

Since it has been a while I haven't checked on that project, I was wondering if we had any information on the delivery date.
The latest information I could find is "Not october as planned previously",.

Is this still the current status or do we have a date information I missed?

Thanks,
Platypus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Towards the end of the year" was the last word on the subject. Hopefully they are still on track, which would mean production ends in October, delivery to fulfillment in November, and then shipping in December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see this in 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping for it in December, but I'm expecting it in late January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Agreed. With the current shipping fiasco going on with CMON's other KS, The Others*, I think they will proceed slowly, whether they whish to or not.

Jorune

*since it will be asked, a majority of CMON's The Others KS packages sent to the EU are on cargo ships owned by a shipping company that has declared bankruptcy. This shipping company accounts for about 10% of all overseas shipping and is the 7th largest. So besides trying to get there cargo back, this is having a rippling effect across the shipping industry. Again, that's about 10% of cargo ships shut down. Shipping costs have risen. Governments are involved trying to get the company up and running.

http://www.wuft.org/news/2016/09/28/local-companies-suffer-f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
I'm hoping for it in December, but I'm expecting it in late January.

Of what year? Kidding, of course. Take your time guys. Give us a great product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christmas time would be nice, but I see them falling short on that and running into Chinese New Year, which will delay it until February at least.

Masmorra on the other hand, should be here November/December, so there is what while you wait I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
I'd be genuinely surprised if this makes it in 2016, looking forward to see what made-up holiday they use to excuse the EU getting it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Same.

I would be surprised as well.

Perhaps it will be dealth with the same was as Zombicide Black Plague: we'll get the base game in december - and all the extras and unlocked SGs will arrive 6 months later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
2017 for delivery confirmed in the today's update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthred wrote:
2017 for delivery confirmed in the today's update

Ya, we're now looking at a 6-7 month delay on this one. Time for CMoN to slow the hell down and not run so many campaigns back-to-back?
I suspected Rise of Moloch wouldn't start until at least one of the outstanding campaigns began shipping. We'll see if they can handle waiting that long...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
I suspected Rise of Moloch wouldn't start until at least one of the outstanding campaigns began shipping. We'll see if they can handle waiting that long...

I doubt it. Dreadmire and Masmorra seem on track to ship in November, but I suspect the Rise of Moloch campaign will begin this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
wamsp wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:

I doubt it. Dreadmire and Masmorra seem on track to ship in November, but I suspect the Rise of Moloch campaign will begin this month.

Will Masmorra be the only recent project to arrive on its estimated date? Dreadmire will be "only" two months (well three months as backers wont get them till December) late which is basically the equivalent of early for CMON ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthred wrote:
wamsp wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:

Will Masmorra be the only recent project to arrive on its estimated date? Dreadmire will be "only" two months (well three months as backers wont get them till December) late which is basically the equivalent of early for CMON

Given that production has not yet completed for Masmorra, it seems more likely that it will arrive in Dec, possibly Jan (assuming production does finish in October), so it won't exactly be on time, but it will be less late than other recent projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, CMON makes too many KS. I don't know whether they made miscalculations or they deliberately relied on (very high) level of tolerance from their backers or they constantly got unexpected bad things happened to them, but IMHO, they need to sit down and rethink on their business practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I agree they took out way too much too fast, which is a bit bizarre in and of itself (wouldn't it be better to have more time between KS so people will have more free cash?)

But I won't be surprised if they are assuming people will be easily forgiving. After all, we're talking about KS.

I have projects that are several years overdue and nobody does anything about it. For some fans are perfectly fine with it (OotS) for others they are insanely vocal, but can't do anything about it (Project Phoenix).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
I won't be surprised if they are assuming people will be easily forgiving. After all, we're talking about KS.

I'm a little tired of the delays (I really wanted this in time for Xmas) but I have a feeling when I receive the goods (and all those extras) I'll end up being one of those forgiving types!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little put off by the fact that the shiny object they are touting to offset the delay is the fully printed crossover inferno/base game campaign.

Not everyone has the AQ base game so don't act like you are doing 100% of your backers a favor by including a printed version of that document. For many (like me) it will be left untouched in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Morph Mode wrote:
Not everyone has the AQ base game so don't act like you are doing 100% of your backers a favor by including a printed version of that document. For many (like me) it will be left untouched in the box.

In the future, it's likely to be sought-after by folks who've picked up AQ and AQ:I at retail, so you might could trade it along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
Morph Mode wrote:

In the future, it's likely to be sought-after by folks who've picked up AQ and AQ:I at retail, so you might could trade it along.

Exactly what I was thinking. It won't necessarily grab the premium that the first Kickstarter did, but that exclusive campaign, which was basically just a re-theme, sells for +$150. Of course that had mini's included, but I bet you could get $30-50 for it later.

The idea of having a campaign that criss-crosses between expansions sounds amazing to me. I was worried that my base set might see little play after getting all of these expansions.

Anything free and exclusive is a sweet addition when they really don't owe us anything for a delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
TyDeL wrote:
Anything free and exclusive is a sweet addition when they really don't owe us anything for a delay.

Whether they technically owe backers anything or not is a separate issue from whether its a good idea to sweeten the pot for backers or not. It's in their interest to try and do something to offset the ill-will their habitual delays generate so trying to paint it as an altruistic act on their behalf rings a little hollow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:
I won't be surprised if they are assuming people will be easily forgiving. After all, we're talking about KS.

I'm a little tired of the delays (I really wanted this in time for Xmas) but I have a feeling when I receive the goods (and all those extras) I'll end up being one of those forgiving types!

This. I have less patience for the Kickstarters I've backed where my game is exactly the same as retail, and it gets delayed by 6-12 months. If I'm getting an avalanche of exclusives and extra content, I can be a bit more patient.

As for CMON taking on too much or "consistently" being late, it was my understanding that it was the projects this past year that really started being late. And CMON responded by pushing the timeline for all their new campaigns farther out. They talked about it during their last CMON Expo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm currently thinking March. Ugh.

I think I'm taking a break from CMON for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcfiala wrote:
So, I'm currently thinking March. Ugh.

I think I'm taking a break from CMON for a while.

Don't worry, you'll get AQ:I just in time for the Rising Sun campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.