Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone created a flow chart for Anti-Armor Assault? I'm always confused by the rules when returning to the game after a long period of not playing it. Defense fire is not mentioned in 9.3. It is mentioned in 9.1X but this is hand to hand combat, not anti armor.

I believe the 9.3 section must be expanded. No where does it say in 9.3 defending armor gets to shoot at the attacker(s). It doesn't indicate which combat results table to use.

Is the following how anti-armor assault works?

1 Attacking unit must pass a morale check with -1 to its morale (fail, mark unit as used; pass, go to step 2)
2. Defending AFV fires at attacking unit (only available once per activation, if a 2nd unit attacks the same activation, the AFV does not fire)
3. If attacking unit survives step 2, calculate attacking fire by using AP fire of unit on the Combat Chart and use anti-tank and "by column" modifiers
4. If any number result occurs, target uses a "2" divisor and apply results

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,

Hope with this can solve your problems:

1 - The assaulting unit must make a pre-assault morale check with a -1 modifier to its morale if the assault is vs. AFVs or armored transports.

2- assaulted units may fire defensively, the first time at normal FF, the following defensive fire must first pass a morale check and if successful they will fire with his FF halved.

3 – If the assaulting unit passes the check, it executes the assault (once per assaulting unit). Roll 2d6 and cross-reference the result on the combat table according to the FF of the unit. However: • If the assault is against armored transports, shift the FF of the assaulting unit one column to the right. • If the assault is against trucks, shift the FF of the assaulting unit two columns to the right.

4 - Always use ‘2’ as the defender’s divisor when calculating the effects of the attack, regardless of the terrain in the hex being assaulted and the type of vehicle attacked.

Best
Niko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Cannonade At Valmy
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Flow of Game in the War Storm Series
I have had the opportunity to play two scenarios of LBdF 1940. Comparing this game to the other platoon level game that I most of the series in, Avalanche Press' Panzer Grenadier, I have found LBdF 1940 much more fun.

Be aware that there were growing pains as learnt the system, but the interactions that I had with the designer Niko between BGG and emails have straightened out most of my misunderstandings.

At this point I have A Las Barricades (Spanish Civil War in this War Storm Series), LBdF 1940, and now the Paths to Hell (1941 Germany=>Soviet Union) game in the series.

While it would be nice to have a flow chart to assist with the process of moving through the numerous charts, the games are quite playable and I definitely look forward to more in the War Storm Series by Niko et al. Good Job Compass Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.