Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know that everything that came in the first box is part of the same time period, so it can all be played together.

Are time periods something to consider as I get expansions, or is everything able to be mixed in together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each campaign has a time period. You can only mix missions into the campaign that match the time period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that, I just wasn't sure if certain side missions released to this point are in a different time period than others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mix it all together. I do believe they're starting to drop the Time Period concept...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Mix it all together. I do believe they're starting to drop the Time Period concept...

-shnar

I noticed that they have dropped the time period off of recent cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
inaholeintheground wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

I noticed that they have dropped the time period off of recent cards.

It's been dropped since the last expansion, I definitely checked it out when they released Greedo, Obi-Wan and the Inquisitor... couldnt imagine where any of those fit, since they were all dead before the core game started!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
At this point, we have three characters playable in all campaigns that shouldn't even still be alive at the start of the core campaign (Greedo, the GI, and Obi Wan). I think the idea was scrapped, trading in a strict adherence to canon for simply fun.

edit: William beat me to the punch with this one by a minute, haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Were there even any campaigns that have a time period that would have eliminated certain models from being used?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
cornixt wrote:
Were there even any campaigns that have a time period that would have eliminated certain models from being used?

The Battle of Hoth is time period 5, so Luke Skywalker (Homecoming, Sympathy for the Rebellion 3-4) and Han Solo (Sorry about the Mess, Hunted Down, Imperial Entanglements 2-4) could not be included by the rules.

Minicampaigns do not have a time period because they do not have any non-story missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

-shnar

I was hoping that it was just an aberration for those 3 packs, but it looks like the upcoming Jedi Luke also doesn't have a Time Period.

Really disappointing, I guess I'll have to keep enforcing "unofficial" Time Periods on my own. (And maybe one day there'll be a campaign where I can take Greedo and friends off the shelf )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
cornixt wrote:

The Battle of Hoth is time period 5, so Luke Skywalker (Homecoming, Sympathy for the Rebellion 3-4) and Han Solo (Sorry about the Mess, Hunted Down, Imperial Entanglements 2-4) could not be included by the rules.

Minicampaigns do not have a time period because they do not have any non-story missions.

Right.

I mean, technically there's nothing stopping you from adding them in anyway, other than the (now apparently abandoned) time period ruling.

Basically, unless you do want to try to make a session as canon as possible, go ahead and mix all those side missions together. The only thing you'll really need to keep seperate are the big box story missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Really disappointing, I guess I'll have to keep enforcing "unofficial" Time Periods on my own. (And maybe one day there'll be a campaign where I can take Greedo and friends off the shelf )

That's what BGG is good for, filling in gaps game designers leave out

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thayer
United States
Universal City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules/map sheet that came with Obi-Wan specifically mentioned that a time period was purposefully left off the mission card.

For them to address it directly, I'm guessing (and hoping) that time periods will still be assigned to campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
ratent wrote:
The rules/map sheet that came with Obi-Wan specifically mentioned that a time period was purposefully left off the mission card.

For them to address it directly, I'm guessing (and hoping) that time periods will still be assigned to campaigns.

I'm interested in seeing what Jedi Luke's time period is, since he seems like he's one of the first REALLY time sensitive characters, outside of Wave 7 (which I think were not time sensitive simply because it would entirely disqualify from the campaign anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.