Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, please could someone answer this question for me. When a card is played, the rules state that you resolve the effects related to the dice roll before you do those for the trigger. Does this mean as I suspect that you get the additional levels on the track, say with a roll of 1,2 or 3 and can then see if the new level on the track is enough to trigger the text?

Or do you see if the text is triggered before you gain new levels on the track. This reading is that you trigger the text event afterwards but it is still triggered before the dice roll effect.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You move up on the track the amount the dice shows first. Then you check to see if your card is triggered.

Please note that the trigger is never the faction of the card color.

Edit: Let me expand on that a bit.

When you play a card you do the dice EFFECT first. On a 1, 2 or 3 you move up 1, 2 or 3 spaces on the track. On a 3 you also take 2 Treason cards. On a Zero you randomly give away one of your Treason cards to a target.

Then, you check to see if the text is triggered. As I said above, the faction (color) of the card played is only used for the dice EFFECT. The trigger requirement is always a different faction. Usually (but not always):
- Your level on the Guild (yellow) faction track triggers Noble (red) cards
- Your level on the Noble (red) faction track triggers Legion (black) cards
- Your level on the Legion (black faction track triggers Peasant (white) cards
- Your level on the Peasant (white) faction track triggers Guild (yellow) cards

The dice effect before the card trigger sometimes doesn't matter, but it often does. Example: Playing the Bureaucrat on a Zero. First you give a target one of your randomly chosen Treason cards. THEN you also get to give a target a Spy Treason card. However, if you only had one Spy and you gave that away during the Dice Effect phase, then you don't have a Spy to give away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a reminder that if the die shows a 3, the card text effect doesn't trigger, even if you meet the requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.