Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A suggested variation is that, when playing with two people, the players should "simulate four", by each playing two colors, and alternating between them on their turns.

The question this brings up is what to do when one person no longer has any legal plays with one of their two colors. We made a determination for ourselves, but I was wondering what you guys would do.

Do you:

A) Keep alternating between the players, in turns

or

B) Player 1 plays his one color, then Player 2 plays both of theirs
(To 'simulate ' a four-player game)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it like Option B., where you keep playing in order of the colors played. So if one player can't play one of their colors anymore, the other player is getting 2 moves (one for each color) to their one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Many variations are possible. Coincidentally just last night I played a 2-player 4-color game where we weren't required to alternate colors, but could choose each turn which of our 2 colors we think is the best move that turn. Thus you could use up all of one color and still keep playing with the other on later turns.

Victory conditions can also be varied according to whatever you agree to: the minimum of your 2 scores; the maximum of your 2 scores; the sum of your 2 scores; the product of your 2 scores (but that gets weird since negative scores are possible).

Experiment and enjoy. Rumis is cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Koch
United States
California
flag msg tools
I like NOT having to alternate the two colors when using all four colors in a 2 player game. It is a pain keeping track of which color to play, and getting to choose gives more options each turn adding to the strategic value. However, a house rule I have tried when playing with friends is for the first four pieces played (one of each color) you DO have to alternate, the purpose being to "get the game started" and guarantee at least one of each color piece gets played, then after the first round where one of each piece is on the board then for the remainder of the game you can choose each turn which color to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.