Subject: Way to buy minis alone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C F
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really interested in buying the game itself, but I would like to buy the figures to use for Arkham Horror. I would assume that these would be less expensive than the old AH premium painted minis.

Does anyone know if FFG has any plans to sell these apart from the board game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Upton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen any announcements regarding the release of the figures outside of the Premium Figure line, and I was just nosing through the Mansions of Madness articles and pages on FFG yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe FFG is providing the mini's unpainted separate from the game. HOWEVER, I think you WILL be able to find BGG members interested in selling their MONSTER mini's.

The monster miniatures take up too much table space, amid a host of other issues (the bases don't work well, etc). A few players have mentioned that they don't use the monster mini's, they just leave them in the box. Instead, they use the monster cardboard token on the board (which have relevant gameplay info, they are similar to the monster tokens from Arkham/Eldritch Horror).

So I think there will be a market for those looking for the MONSTER mini's. However, the hero mini's are another story. They don't have a cardboard equivalent in the box. They will be harder to come by.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Del Toro
United States
Providence Village
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the eBay section in the game entry page on BGG. All of the investigators were listed as one lot and many of the monsters are available in groups as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lumin wrote:
Not really interested in buying the game itself, but I would like to buy the figures to use for Arkham Horror. I would assume that these would be less expensive than the old AH premium painted minis.

Does anyone know if FFG has any plans to sell these apart from the board game?

What would you pay for them?

I have the 2nd edition and Supressed Memories Id think about selling the minis to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was checking to see if the minis was possible to buy in 1s and groups. Not much luck when truth be told. Seems like it could be easier and in fact cheaper to just go buy the entire game packages instead of buying them as singles. Mostly found were $7, $8-$10+ for each single miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.