Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
Daydreaming over lunch today; does anyone know if dungeon command figures are the right scale to fit on the tiles? I think I'd like this more if I was playing it with minis rather than standees.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
"Its eyes were widening, widening, and in those black pupils, each as big as a softball, Ritchie saw the mad darkness that must exist over the rim of the universe; he saw a shitty happiness that he felt would drive him insane."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Command uses the D&D miniatures, is that correct?
If so, then bases of the average miniature should fit on the DT tile spaces. When I pimped my DT and its expansions I used Heroclix, Horrorclix, D&D and spare figures from other board games like HeroQuest and Dark World.

Here are the threads if you would like to see what I used for miniatures for the standees:
1 Fire & Water
2 Minotaur goodie
3 Base Set
4 Paladins & Dragons
5 Forces pf Darkness
6 Mercenaries

FWIW, on some of the figures, I removed their Horror/Heroclix base and replaced it with a colored metal washer. The hole in the base was convenient for seeing the item or weapon that character was carrying.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:
Darn, it appears the base set image links are...gone.
Fixed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup D&D minis. Thanks for the links! Sadly looks like the photos of the base set are broken, but now when I get home I know I can futz around with trying to find some good matches!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
"Its eyes were widening, widening, and in those black pupils, each as big as a softball, Ritchie saw the mad darkness that must exist over the rim of the universe; he saw a shitty happiness that he felt would drive him insane."
mbmbmbmbmb
I fixed the links!

NSince this photo was taken, I've since switched out the Wizard figure with something less 'cultist' and more wizard-looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome! Definitely gonna try to do this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
Why not the originals ?

http://fenryll.com/category.php?id_category=23&id_lang=1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Roth
Switzerland
Basel
Basel-Stadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jefimeyerhoff wrote:
Hey all,
Daydreaming over lunch today; does anyone know if dungeon command figures are the right scale to fit on the tiles? I think I'd like this more if I was playing it with minis rather than standees.

Thanks

I agree this needs to be played with miniatures.

I played hundred of games in the last decade and Dungeon Twister is still my #1 game of all. But playing with minis is a must - not just thematic but it helps a lot with the view of the tactical options at one glance (the standees are less distinguishable.) and thus speeds up gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroCool_ITA wrote:

$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.