Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I need this....just need to find a way to convince my wife to allow me to kickstart it!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want it too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want it too but I generally don't back kickstarters and I probably won't for this either. I'll be waiting for the general release if there is one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMagus wrote:
I want it too but I generally don't back kickstarters and I probably won't for this either. I'll be waiting for the general release if there is one.

I agree, I don't back kickstarter. But sports games don't generally do well. I'm afraid if this doesn't kickstart it may never get the proper hype to earn a general release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KS looking pretty good, almost $20K. I've never backed anything either in KS. I would kind of like to back this one, but at the same I'm not sure if I would have the time to play this one and/or find interested opponents (American football is not very big here in Finland).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keven
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, im not even a fan of Football per se, ill watch the Superbowl with the family just because they make an event for it. But i have so much fun playing it.

I took a place in the Lumberjacks team not because of its real life equivalent, but because i tough a canadians in the Lumberjacks team was too stereotypical to pass up (and the luberjack looks to be a really great passing team and i love passing play)

The game needs all the help it can gets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
Wow, I need this....just need to find a way to convince my wife to allow me to kickstart it!!!

Do you have access to a printer? The digital print-and-play version is only 10 bucks, if the price tag is an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
msg tools
mbmb
General Kale wrote:
aleuhe wrote:

Do you have access to a printer? The digital print-and-play version is only 10 bucks, if the price tag is an issue.

That pledge level doesn't indicate that it has the player cards, though.

I'm on the fence for backing this. I like the idea, but I just don't see this hitting $41k to unlock all the teams. I'm not even sure they will hit $34k to unlock all the full teams. This probably wouldn't hit the table much, but when it does it would be nice for everyone to have access to their favorite team. Besides, what's the incentive for someone to back the in the game level when their team may not even make the game? Sure, you can print it up for an extra cost. But if I'm paying $100 after shipping, I should be able to at least get the team I chose to be on without paying more.

The funny thing is that this probably wouldn't be an issue, to me at least, if the game wasn't a parody of that other league. Then again, the parody aspect makes it enjoyable and recognizable to fans. Excuse me while I re-position ever so slightly on this fence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:

Well, besides the KITTENS being a team in the game, it does have female star players in the league. Who doesn't want to support the right of women to play football in the MFL and celebrate women as top level athletes?cool

IMagus wrote:

aleuhe wrote:
IMagus wrote:

I agree, I don't back kickstarter. But sports games don't generally do well. I'm afraid if this doesn't kickstart it may never get the proper hype to earn a general release.

As the designer, I'm biased, but this is exactly the type of project Kickstarter was created for. This isn't a preorder, and every pledge makes the base game better for everyone. If everyone waits for general release, the game won't get all the extras. And if we do unlock a bunch of stretch goals, the Kickstarter price is going to be a steal.

norev wrote:
KS looking pretty good, almost $20K. I've never backed anything either in KS. I would kind of like to back this one, but at the same I'm not sure if I would have the time to play this one and/or find interested opponents (American football is not very big here in Finland).

Don't forget about solo play!

Preedatore wrote:
I'm not even sure they will hit $34k to unlock all the full teams.

Preedatore wrote:
Excuse me while I re-position ever so slightly on this fence.

If we filled all the IN THE GAME pledge levels, the odds of hitting $33.9K would be very, very, good. This means that all teams would be in the box. That fence is a tricky one. You are totally excused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

voodooink wrote:
If everyone waits for general release, the game won't get all the extras. And if we do unlock a bunch of stretch goals, the Kickstarter price is going to be a steal.

And this is one of the primary reasons I Kickstart games!

Granted, this game doesn't offer KS exclusives (which is another reason to KS a game), but there's another reason to consider funding this instead of waiting: Given the amount of funding still required as of today ($4,500, or 100 more backers for the basic game), and considering that if it does make it's funding goal the retail price likely won't be a whole lot less, it only makes sense to back it now if you're ever planning to buy it. (And I'm not a shill for the designer... only speaking from experience)!

And also, it's another $7,000 (155 backers) that's needed by the end of the campaign if we want the cloth playmats.

I do have an idea for a KS exclusive, though: In addition to providing brown wooden cubes as the footballs, provide brown wooden football meeples (wooden pieces shaped cookie-cutter fashion, like a football) as an exclusive. That may help attract some people sitting on the fence.

voodooink wrote:
Don't forget about solo play!

I'll be sure to mention this over in the 1-player guild. The gang there always seems to have lots of disposable income as they're always talking about buying new games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I hope at least some of the people here on the fence jump on board for a pledge considering it didn't make funding last time and it would be pretty disappointing if it didn't this time.. I can understand the wanting to wait for release but if everyone is sitting around waiting then it may not happen at all..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Nick and Barry make some good points!meeple

bgm1961 wrote:

if we want the cloth playmats.

These are a nice upgrade and one of the things that people who have seen the game in person love.

bgm1961 wrote:

I do have an idea for a KS exclusive, though: In addition to providing brown wooden cubes as the footballs, provide brown wooden football meeples (wooden pieces shaped cookie-cutter fashion, like a football) as an exclusive. That may help attract some people sitting on the fence.

I'll be sure to mention this over in the 1-player guild. The gang there always seems to have lots of disposable income as they're always talking about buying new games!

The brown wood football meeple might be doable. I'm going to look into it, and thanks for spreading the word to the solo crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the retail going to be if all stretch goals are unlocked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:

Convinced her! Just have to cook dinner two or three times and can't eat out at school. I think it is worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:

If we unlocked all of the stretch goals, the calculated MSRP would be just over $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:

Convinced her! Just have to cook dinner two or three times and can't eat out at school. I think it is worth it.

Well played sir! Welcome to the MORE FUN! LEAGUE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:

If we unlocked all of the stretch goals, the calculated MSRP would be just over $100.

You do realize that nobody would buy the game for that price, right? And how does a couple hundred cards raise the price by $50!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
voodooink wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:

You do realize that nobody would buy the game for that price, right? And how does a couple hundred cards raise the price by $50!!!!

Would probably have to be broken into expansion packs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:

I didn't say that I was going to sell it for that!laugh I was just letting you know what the MSRP should be if you following pricing rules.

The stretch goals would add 444 more cards to the box than to bring the total to 588. For reference, Dominion originally shipped with 500 cards with an MSRP at $45 and that's from a company that can afford to do really large print runs to get the discount. I was just illustrating that the Kickstarter version of the game will be the best deal no matter how many stretch goals we unlock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
Would probably have to be broken into expansion packs

Future versions/releases of the game would probably have to be done that way unless I was able to do a large print run. I want to unlock everything we can on this Kickstarter so that people who help get the game established and funded end up getting an amazing deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:

I didn't say that I was going to sell it for that!laugh I was just letting you know what the MSRP should be if you following pricing rules.

The stretch goals would add 444 more cards to the box than to bring the total to 588. For reference, Dominion originally shipped with 500 cards with an MSRP at $45 and that's from a company that can afford to do really large print runs to get the discount. I was just illustrating that the Kickstarter version of the game will be the best deal no matter how many stretch goals we unlock.

So what are you going to sell it for?meeple

I just wanted to mention that on the KS it suggests that there are only 16 cards per team, not 18. Are scout cards a stretch goal too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
I just wanted to mention that on the KS it suggests that there are only 16 cards per team, not 18. Are scout cards a stretch goal too?

Just have a look at the component breakdown picture, it states that there are :
-128 player cards
- 16 scout cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see now. But for the stretch goals for the teams without alt lineups it still says 16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
Oh I see now. But for the stretch goals for the teams without alt lineups it still says 16.

Nope. Those should read 18 cards! I'll have to fix that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jef Addley
United Kingdom
Leatherhead
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

voodooink wrote:
If everyone waits for general release, the game won't get all the extras. And if we do unlock a bunch of stretch goals, the Kickstarter price is going to be a steal.

And this is one of the primary reasons I Kickstart games!
----snip----
---snip---

Its the reason i kickstart games too.. I want to make sure ones i am interested in get published. I also support P500 GMT games.. like Talon and SE4X

This looks to be a good game. but the only way to get them all is to KS.. or pay abundle later for Drivethru to print. If you are wirried follow it on KS.. look when the 4 hour warning comes in.. there is often a big leap in the last 2 days... I have backed....checks KS.. Jesu kristus 62 things over the past few years...good grief.. better change my passwords before the wife see's this!

Meeples don't do it for me... from experience with Soccer city you need a bigger meeple to be able to see the numbers easily (i have partial sight) also that would cost a fortune for the colours of each team.

Now all i gotta do is work out who each team is supposed to be .. i get gorillas sushi falchions engines (hehe)kittens.. but some pass me by pills? i guess my right side of the pond viewpoint doesn't make me familiar enough with that other league
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.