GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,434 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Chandragupta» Forums » Rules

Subject: Very Newbie Question re: Cohesion Hits and Rallying rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing through my very first game right now (never played a GBoH game before!):

When a unit Routs due to accumulating Cohesion hits, does it keep all of the Cohesion hits when it routs? Are those hits even relevant any longer?

When the unit is successfully Rallied, the instructions say: "The unit is now given Hits equal to one-half its printed TQ, rounded down." - does that mean that the unit's previously accumulated Cohesion Hits are zero-ed out and then it is given those new Hits?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryszard Tokarczuk
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

At the moment of Rout there is no practical reason to retain the accumulated hits anymore. Please note that Routed marker has a TQ rating on it (with a value of one, "1"). This means that whenever Routed unit gets one Cohesion hit or more (combat, missile fire, friendly someone else moving through a routed unit - routed units never suffer from Terrain induced Cohesion hits)... it is eliminated. But I am getting ahead of myself.

In short - when the unit Routs, remove any markers from it and replace them with one - Routed.

When unit is Rallied, calculate the hits according to the rule that you have mentioned. Now, the unit will have two markers - number with hits that you calculated and green "Rallied" marker.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response! That's exactly what I needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.