109 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: The NAACP once again shows their true colors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Farnum
msg tools
In comments about the charlotte police shooting the NAACP had this to say about black police officers. “Many black people who become police officers become blue, not black. In order for you to survive in a police department, you take on the police department’s ideology, ways of life, and culture,”. Thanks for once again showing you are a bunch of racists. The black police officers are not real blacks but all these law breakers like Michael Brown are real blacks, interesting.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/naacp-says-black-cops-are-not-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So when you're in the military, you become green to fit in with the rest of the team.

So when you're in the fire department, you become yellow? to fit in with the rest of the team.

So if you play team sports, you try to fit in with the team.

And that's what the NAACP was saying -- it doesn't matter what the color of a police officer is, they are being taught implicitly and explicitly that young black males are dangerous. They teach that to whites, Latinos, women, the LGBT folks. It's called being part of the team.

But spin it all you want, because you dislike an organization dedicated to improving the lives of a community that was for far too long oppressed and denied civil rights. Go bro, go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
In comments about the charlotte police shooting the NAACP had this to say about black police officers. “Many black people who become police officers become blue, not black. In order for you to survive in a police department, you take on the police department’s ideology, ways of life, and culture,”. Thanks for once again showing you are a bunch of racists. The black police officers are not real blacks but all these law breakers like Michael Brown are real blacks, interesting.

Not quite sure how this is supposed to be racist. Anti-police? Perhaps. Unless you're implying that the NAACP is prejudiced towards blue people.

In that case, I'll get Papa Smurf on the line for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
So when you're in the military, you become green to fit in with the rest of the team.

So when you're in the fire department, you become yellow? to fit in with the rest of the team.

Is that not the whole point of team building and much of military style training, to make you part of the whole?

To a degree NAACP are right, but it applies to many professions. Once you become an X you band together, you stick up for each other. You develop an ethos and code of conduct (even a language) that makes you a culture apart. When you add that that an almost military attitude (and lets face it the US police are more and more like an army) that is exaggerated to a point where they really do see themselves as a race apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
knucklesamwich wrote:
The black police officers are not real blacks but all these law breakers like Michael Brown are real blacks, interesting.
The article quotes exactly one sentence from the NAACP, and that sentence has zero to do with "real blacks." They are not railing against white people, they are railing against a presumed insider culture of corruption within law-enforcement.

I have to presume this samwich guy is another RSP troll sock-puppet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
I know fitting in and complying with social norms is a foreign concept to a lot of people on BGG.

Most people here fit into a social norm. There are quite a few to choose from. They just aren't all desirable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically anyone who can hold a job is not really black to the NAACP, because holding a job is against their culture of not holding jobs, shooting one another, and not succeeding.

Because if they were black then having a black police officer, successful blacks in business, etc., might show that some sort of progress is being made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:
The black police officers are not real blacks but all these law breakers like Michael Brown are real blacks, interesting.
The article quotes exactly one sentence from the NAACP, and that sentence has zero to do with "real blacks." They are not railing against white people, they are railing against a presumed insider culture of corruption within law-enforcement.

I have to presume this samwich guy is another RSP troll sock-puppet.

That's a social norm around here. And in a lot more places than here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
remorseless1 wrote:

And that's what the NAACP was saying -- it doesn't matter what the color of a police officer is, they are being taught implicitly and explicitly that young black males are dangerous. They teach that to whites, Latinos, women, the LGBT folks. It's called being part of the team.

But spin it all you want, because you dislike an organization dedicated to improving the lives of a community that was for far too long oppressed and denied civil rights. Go bro, go!

I happen to be a Firefighter and there are plenty of Firefighters of all colors. I am of irish and scottish descent. Once I became a Firefighter did I stop being all those things and did I lose all of what I was? This is offensive and just shows the true agenda of the NAACP. They want a division between the races and they show it all the time. There is no desire to stop all of this race baiting that they engage in because it gives them some small portion of power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

As a fire fighter are you taught to racially profile fires?

I happen to be a Firefighter and there are plenty of Firefighters of all colors. I am of irish and scottish descent. Once I became a Firefighter did I stop being all those things and did I lose all of what I was? This is offensive and just shows the true agenda of the NAACP. They want a division between the races and they show it all the time. There is no desire to stop all of this race baiting that they engage in because it gives them some small portion of power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

The world needs more white guys telling black people how they should feel about racism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Thank God we have a white firefighter to tell us about the secret agenda of the NAACP. It's about time we had a brave soldier sneak into their secret meetings and expose their hidden agenda. March on, brother-uncle-soldier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread brought to mind something I heard on NPR just this morning. Obviously this guy got all his talking points form the NAACP back in 1971 and what he says in the interview has nothing to do with his personal experience. You can report back to us about his being a disgusting racist and a horrible human being.

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495882696/working-then-now-pol...

In 1971, Studs Terkel interviewed Renault Robinson, one of the city's few black officers. Robinson spoke bluntly about the role of race in urban policing. This interview and others that Terkel recorded for his book, Working, were boxed away in his house until recently, when Radio Diaries and Project& combed through them and produced a series of audio stories, Working Then And Now. Thanks to the WFMT Studs Terkel Archive and the Chicago History Museum. More stories from the series are available on The Radio Diaries Podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragnet had an episode on race relations. There was a black cop and a white cop, and both were painted as wrong and unreasonable until they finally got together and worked it out. Joe Friday was, of course, unassailable in his reasoned opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
galad2003 wrote:
I know fitting in and complying with social norms is a foreign concept to a lot of people on BGG.
Dearlove wrote:
Most people here fit into a social norm. There are quite a few to choose from. They just aren't all desirable.
L-@-@-K-! at 'moi'! LURV me! WANT me! "B"-HOLD upon TIGHTER & TIGHTER! blush
surprise 'Machete'-GUY "LEERED!" contemplating 'stabbery' & 'rapineing' for a "Fjordsome"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: The NAACP once again shows their true colors since BLACK & WHITE were "neutrals"!
wow ~"OREO la Tio Tomas?" colonist-'Cacao'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

Not quite sure how this is supposed to be racist. Anti-police? Perhaps. Unless you're implying that the NAACP is prejudiced towards blue people.

It's racist in the same way that calling someone an Uncle Tom or an Oreo is racist.

Both Uncle Tom and Oreo are stereotypes that apply only to African Americans. That's why those are racist.

Saying that someone who joins the police force starts to see themselves as more of member of that group applies to every person, regardless of race or sex, that joins the police force.

They are not the same. Not remotely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Basically anyone who can hold a job is not really black to the NAACP, because holding a job is against their culture of not holding jobs, shooting one another, and not succeeding.

Because if they were black then having a black police officer, successful blacks in business, etc., might show that some sort of progress is being made.

Are you sure you are not channelling Kaitlyn_Res because that is some racist shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
JohnnyOffice wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

It's racist in the same way that calling someone an Uncle Tom or an Oreo is racist.

Both Uncle Tom and Oreo are stereotypes that apply only to African Americans. That's why those are racist.

Saying that someone who joins the police force starts to see themselves as more of member of that group applies to every person, regardless of race or sex, that joins the police force.

They are not the same. Not remotely.

So what exactly would you call telling someone they are not black any more because they joined the police force? What if they got a wall street job, are they still black? Who gets to decide who is black enough? the NAACP rasicts or is there any one else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Are you sure you are not channelling Kaitlyn_Res because that is some racist shit.

By saying black PEOPLE can be successful but that various NAACP chapters have disavowed certain successful blacks who refused to toe the party line?

It's not racist. It's against an organization that doesn't really represent the normal black person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
The subtle police racism is so subtle and all-pervasive that it brainwashes black police officers to betray their own blackness and be irrationally scared of black people because of their blackness, in spite of being black themselves. And they never question this in any of their supposed racist training, because it's so amazingly subtle. Including the many black chiefs of police and other black police leadership that are creating and implementing this fundamentally racist training.

OR

There is some other reason for police officers (including black ones) to be generally on edge around black people (usually young to middle aged men) in the inner city.

Occam's Razor suggests it's probably the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way that people handle competing social identities isn't really simple, and probably varies from officer to officer.

Reducing the entire equation to "Well, a cop knows who commits more crimes in their neighborhoods and it's people of their race" is very likely overly reductive.

Also reductive is "Once you're a cop, you're blue, not black."

They both probably hint at some amount of reality, but there's going to be interpersonal variation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
Jythier wrote:

He's channeling the NAACP and other similar race hustlers. It is in their best interest to keep black people down and therefore dependent on them.

You mean the same "race hustlers" that fought the North Carolina voter id law whose provisions in the words of one of the appellate judge

“The new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision” and “impose cures for problems that did not exist,” Judge Diana Gribbon Motz wrote for the panel. “Thus the asserted justifications cannot and do not conceal the State’s true motivation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/appeals-c...

The law was struck down by the appellate court 3-0

You have anything to say based on fact, or are you merely content just trot out the same old mindless right wing idiocies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
Jythier wrote:

He's channeling the NAACP and other similar race hustlers. It is in their best interest to keep black people down and therefore dependent on them.

You mean the same "race hustlers" that fought the North Carolina voter id law whose provisions in the words of one of the appellate judge

“The new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision” and “impose cures for problems that did not exist,” Judge Diana Gribbon Motz wrote for the panel. “Thus the asserted justifications cannot and do not conceal the State’s true motivation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/appeals-c...

The law was struck down by the appellate court 3-0

You have anything to say based on fact, or are you merely content just trot out the same old mindless right wing idiocies.

BJ... he has a plan for emancipation. He just needs to find it under all the empties and cheese curd bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
BJ... he has a plan for emancipation. He just needs to find it under all the empties and cheese curd bags.

Look, casual racism is one thing, but now you're maligning cheese curds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.