Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Comeau
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the neutronium dice for. I know you can pay neutronium to reroll it but what is it for in the game. The rule book isn't the best. took a couple read throughs but I might be a slow learner too. What purpose does the neutronium dice serve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty sure that was explained somewhere, but I don't remember exactly where right off the bat. It is used to pair with your rig die. Think of it as a third "standard die", but you can reroll the neutronium die one time before resolving each Crewmember if you pay one neutronium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
I was pretty sure that was explained somewhere, but I don't remember exactly where right off the bat. It is used to pair with your rig die. Think of it as a third "standard die", but you can reroll the neutronium die one time before resolving each Crewmember if you pay one neutronium.

That sounds correct from what I am remembering. We have played twice only ever re-rolled it once or twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Comeau
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That'd be pretty awesome if that's the function. Mr. Eskue are you out there?
Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew enriquez
United States
fort worth
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes the neutronium die is a third option to pair with your dice, than can be rerolled using nuetronium, it is rolled after everyone has placed so no one has perfect info while placing crew. Also unlike the other two shared dice which cant ever be the same, the neutronium die can match the other two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerold Wallis

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In explaining the rules, I found it useful to have a term for the dice in the center. I called them common dice, to indicated they are shared.

So mining dice + neutronium die = common dice

Then you can explain that you pair your rig die with a common die.

Perhaps use this term in the next rules revision?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jerold_wallis wrote:
In explaining the rules, I found it useful to have a term for the dice in the center. I called them common dice, to indicated they are shared.

So mining dice + neutronium die = common dice

Then you can explain that you pair your rig die with a common die.

Perhaps use this term in the next rules revision?

The clear ones are actually called "standard dice" per the rulebook.

I believe all three are referred to as representing the environmental conditions, so I'd call them environment dice if I wanted a thematic term.

I've just called them global dice when explaining the game in the past, but common dice is nice too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.