Subject: Age range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erhan
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
I use the "my collection" link a lot and I think it is a wonderful feature of BGG.com.

However, I would like to view my collection according to the recommended age groups. So when I have guests with children at specific age, I can pull that game from my collection.

Is there a way to add age range as a column to view the collection. Even when I export the collection as .csv file, it only shows the recommended number of players, not age.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing you could do is use "Advanced Search" (link is next to the normal search field for games) and then set "Minimum Age" to whatever the youngest child's age is, and set "Filter by Collection" to "Owned" and put your user name in "Specify User".
It's not the same view as "my collection", but might still help you find a suitable game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the csv files I've downloaded of my collection a while ago did have a column titled "bggrecagerange". Maybe that has changed, I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The age range is rarely spot on, in my opinion. The community recommended age is better but these are probably mostly gamer's kids. You really need to know the kids you're playing with and the level they can handle. My 10-year old girl has been playing well above the recommended age range for years now but that's because she grew up playing games that were more than just roll and move. She loves to scoff at games that she loves that say 14+. I may be raising a game snob...IDK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erhan
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thank you, now I saw the "bggrecagerange" column!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcarvin wrote:
I may be raising a game snob....
Sounds like there should be a microbadge for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.