Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Aeon's End» Forums » General

Subject: Card count and size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Desrochers
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How many cards in the game ?
What size are they

(for sleeving purpose)

Thanks
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

All player cards are Standard US, using this sleeve size: 63.5mm x 88mm (2.5" x 3.5")

I assume there will be a little under 500 cards. (for the base and 2 expansions)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:

All player cards are Standard US, using this sleeve size: 63.5mm x 88mm (2.5" x 3.5")

I assume there will be a little under 500 cards. (for the base and 2 expansions)


This is accurate. 477 cards to be exact.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bøttger
Denmark
Odense SV
Fyn
flag msg tools
Any particular make and quality sleeve you'd recommend?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Dragon Shield is good but pretty pricey.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Desrochers
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve in Ultra-pro standard (clear)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bøttger
Denmark
Odense SV
Fyn
flag msg tools
I sleeved Climate_ Evolution in Mayday Premium, and they fit really well (if a bit tightly) - and that seems like an identical size to Aeon's End:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/3361187#item3...

Not much wiggle-room, though...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Nelson
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the breaches? Anyone planning on sleeving those and, if so, what sleeves would work for those square cards?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm not going to ask why you would sleeve the breaches, but I will point out that they are never shuffled - they're effective status markers, changeable play mat trackers. I'm not planning on sleeving the character cards, so I'm not planning on sleeving the breaches.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As rpvt mentioned, the breaches are never shuffled. The most you'll do is rotate them and flip them over occasionally so they shouldn't suffer much wear and tear. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what sleeves fit, if you do choose to sleeve them, as I haven't looked into it myself.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Initially, at least, I will sleeve the turn order cards, since they are shuffled and handled more frequently than pretty much anything else.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kamphaus
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved the breaches into standard sized sleeves then used a paper cutter to cut off the excess.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Desrochers
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koga wrote:
I sleeved the breaches into standard sized sleeves then used a paper cutter to cut off the excess.


What size are the breaches ?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kamphaus
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vdesrochers wrote:
What size are the breaches ?


Slightly under 2.5" x 2.5" so the standard 63.5mm x 88mm (2.5" x 3.5") sleeves work well after cutting off the excess. I've done this with several other games where the width of the sleeve was fine but the length was too long.

I use the Mayday penny sleeves, easy to replace and cheap enough, I've probably ordered over 250 packs and about halfway through my recent 50 pack purchase.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same for the Breaches using KMC Perfect Fit. A quick trim and they are sleeved.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should all of the sleeves have the same backing color? I got my copy today but don't want to pop the shrink until I'm ready to sleeve/play.

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll want the Nemesis cards and the Mage cards to have different backs. Just make sure you sleeve the Nemesis specific cards that go into mage decks the same back as the Mage cards. For example, Crooked Mask has corruption cards that he puts in a mage deck to cause problems. Wouldn't want those to have different backs.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Ford
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT - had some square sleeves so I was able to test it out.

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=1120 (69mm x 69mm)

I tested them and they fit with a small amount of excess space around the edges. I guess if there are 67mm or 68mm square sleeves out there it would be a bit tighter

I let people eat/drink at the gaming table so I sleeve everything in case of epic drink failure.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Antonio de Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
Something is wrong, I think.

Base game:
87 Gem cards
86 Spell cards
30 Relic cards
27 Randomizer cards
04 Player aid cards
09 Turn order cards
75 Nemesis cards

318 total cards from the base game

-----------------------------------

The Nameless
38 Player cards
26 Nemesis cards
07 Randomizer cards

71 total cards from The Nameless expansion

-----------------------------------

The Depths
45 Player cards
21 Nemesis cards
08 Randomizer cards

74 total cards from The Depths expansion

-----------------------------------

Base + Nameless + Depths = 463

Where are the remaining 14 cards? I didn't count the 16 breaches because I didn't consider cards, otherwise I would count the mats as well.

nicklittle wrote:
Dbriner31 wrote:

All player cards are Standard US, using this sleeve size: 63.5mm x 88mm (2.5" x 3.5")

I assume there will be a little under 500 cards. (for the base and 2 expansions)


This is accurate. 477 cards to be exact.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever figure out? I am having problems counting mine too. I am thinking the 6 STOP cards and 10 Dividers are counted as cards. Can anyone confirm this?
Dashiell_BR wrote:
Something is wrong, I think.

Base game:
87 Gem cards
86 Spell cards
30 Relic cards
27 Randomizer cards
04 Player aid cards
09 Turn order cards
75 Nemesis cards

318 total cards from the base game

-----------------------------------

The Nameless
38 Player cards
26 Nemesis cards
07 Randomizer cards

71 total cards from The Nameless expansion

-----------------------------------

The Depths
45 Player cards
21 Nemesis cards
08 Randomizer cards

74 total cards from The Depths expansion

-----------------------------------

Base + Nameless + Depths = 463

Where are the remaining 14 cards? I didn't count the 16 breaches because I didn't consider cards, otherwise I would count the mats as well.

nicklittle wrote:
Dbriner31 wrote:

All player cards are Standard US, using this sleeve size: 63.5mm x 88mm (2.5" x 3.5")

I assume there will be a little under 500 cards. (for the base and 2 expansions)


This is accurate. 477 cards to be exact.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did another count and I think that I was off by 2. It is a total of 475. The twelve cards you are missing are the 6 stop cards and the 6 promo cards (3 are market setup cards and 3 are basic nemesis cards.).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.