$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
$15.00
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Hello,

First sorry if those questions were already asked.

Soooo i've bought CE + all expansions except Alliance. Should I play CE alone first or start with everything? Is there any cards I should remove to enjoy the game or everything is "balanced"?

The 2 same questions for Pandemic. I've bought it with the 3 expansions and would like to know if I can start it with all the expansions / is there any cards to remove.

Thank you very much for your time / advices!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About Pandemic, I would suggest to open the base game first and play that (a few times). Then add the roles and events from the expansions. I would first play the different challenges (Virulent Strain, Mutation/Worldwide Panic, Lab challenge, Hinterlands, Emergency Events, Superbug) alone, before you start combining things. Keep Superbug for last, it's the most difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Lister
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Cosmic, I'd just make sure you only use one version of the flare cards for the very few instances where an alien comes with a "modern" and "classic" version of the flare card. They're clearly stated in the manuals.

The green level aliens are recommended for first time players, with the yellow and red ones having more complex powers which can be a little trickier to understand (generally even the red ones aren't that difficult, but it depends on how familiar the players are with things).
*Note, the alien colours are the ones marked with a light bulb type thing in the corner of the card.

Probably worth leaving out some of the optional modular parts of the expansions for the first couple of games, such as the space stations.
I quite like leaving the defence reward deck in though, it doesn't really add anything complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloum wrote:
Hello,

First sorry if those questions were already asked.

Soooo i've bought CE + all expansions except Alliance. Should I play CE alone first or start with everything? Is there any cards I should remove to enjoy the game or everything is "balanced"?

Cosmic, balanced? That's cute. The balance comes from the players and social dynamic, not the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I describe CE as a beautiful mess. It is intentionally built to be broken in a way that it still works. I would honestly strip it down to just the base game with the green alien level cards and the reward cards you get for helping with defending from the first expansion. One player grabbed a yellow/red alien race in his first play and then realized how difficult it would be to win. I told him to grab a green level one, but he thought his seemed interesting. Yeah, he didn't win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.