Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Star Vampires rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Strahm
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Does the player who controls star vampires get a point for each pain or kill the vampires roll regardless of whether they are applied to enemies? The card lead our group to believe they get a power for each pain rolled and still get to apply the pain. So if they rolled 3 pains against one unit, they would drain three power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. It's the roll itself that drains the power or doom, not the result. In this way, abilities that modify the results (Harbinger, Eternal, Leng Spiders, etc) don't alter what the Star Vampire drains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
If Star Vampires are used with Opener's "Channel Power" spellbook, can you re roll their misses to attempt to drain more power / doom? If not I need to change that in my Neutrals guide.

It seems like re rolling the dice is different from abilities that change the rolled results like "Demand Sacrafice" and "Harbinger".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hobbit
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Channel power does not affect the power/doom drain, but could cause a pain/kill, same as demand/harbinger/etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the interesting thing is that Demand/Sacrifice don't change the roll, but rather the result, which is why they don't interact with Star Vampires. But Channel Power does actually modify the roll, so the question is interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hobbit
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My point here is, the SV are not affected by anything, as they even roll dice with combat 0 (servitors, protoshog etc).

- Roll power/doom suck
- Check for sucking
- dice become "normal" battle dice
- use abilities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I hear official ruling to the contrary, I think I will allow Channel Power to affect the amount of doom / power drained. It is good to know all other abilities that change the results do not count though. Or maybe Opener has too many tools already and needs to just chill out and take his first roll lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.