Hide
6 Posts

Impulse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Impulse Marker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Connor
msg tools
What is the impulse marker (the poker chip) used for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Connor
msg tools
BTW I originally thought that I was ripped off by not getting an invisible space monster in the box as in the component listings, but then my friend used his hand to sweep around the entire inside of the box and now... I have one less friend.

Lesson Learned: Have someone else, preferably a red shirt ensign do the setting up and putting back of materials at the game start and end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
JonConnor84 wrote:

Move it along the impulse cards as you resolve the actions to keep track of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonConnor84 wrote:

In this game, action execution can get quite complex.

E.g., you can use a Command action to move Transports to a card, then take the action on the card, etc., etc.

I use the marker to mark the card in the impulse currently being used. It helps a little to keep track of what is going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonConnor84 wrote:

What everybody else said, but throw out that fool tiddlywink and use something cool - I have a swirly glass pawn that I use and it looks WAY more outer space.

And Gillum is absolutely right, actions chain off actions and it is SOOO easy to lose track of where you are, the marker helps a lot. Impulse is a terrific game once you get past the rulebook, but slightly better components would have helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Connor
msg tools
Oh. I was using a 3 for this. That way you can also keep track of the phase if you get chatting with your friends off-topic or you have to take a call, etc. Just leave the die on the person's card, with the number set to the phase they are on, or remember who's turn it was and set the die next to the impulse card they were on.

Played 4 games so far 1p and 2p. Nifty game! I have a houserule where multiple people can choose the same 2ndary ability if they like because only a few seem really good (at least in 2p): move a cruiser (to the core on turn 1), mine / research a duplicate rank and colour card that you just added to the impulse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.