Subject: Cruise Speed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow Air War Pilots

I'm getting this back to the table again, reading Paul Q's excellent updated rules with all errata

but I cant find what cruise speed refers too ?

no mention of it in the rules, just on the "basic aircraft information table"

i'm getting old shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this game, it seems to simply be a reference point for the various scenario types available (i.e., side A aircraft speed to be between the stated cruise speed and the stated maximum, or other similar statements in the scenario types). Note that the historical scenarios have the aircraft speeds specifically defined.

The cruising speed of any aircraft is typically the speed at which the aircraft is not using any afterburner(s) or it is the speed the aircraft uses its fuel at the most efficient rate. It is also the non-combat speed the plane normally flies at.

EDIT: As a final note, the F-22 Raptor is the first fighter plane that can cruise at a speed above Mach 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you John

It was beginning to drive me crazy looking for any reference to cruise speed in the acceleration, climbing, diving rules etc

I know Air Superiority & Speed of Heat reference the affect of less than cruise speed etc

Cheerio
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.