Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have had a lot of questions the past few days and wanted to open up the floor and answer anything the best we possibly can. Or just talk and hang out, that works too!! https://www.facebook.com/knightsofrenpodcast/?ref=aymt_homep...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Where can we get PDF rules to download?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently the only rules are photos here on the boards. There are no PDF files at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Wesley Chapel
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the actual release date in the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have not seen an official release date. But rumors are hovering around week 2 or 3 of November for the launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you have multiple of the same Support card in play, if that Support is not unique?

Example:

I can only have 1 x BB-8 support in play because he's unique.
But I can have 2 x "Power of the dark side" support cards in play.

Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. As long as a card is non-unique, you may have up to 2 copies in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Got another one I'd like to check.

FLANK - Play only if you have more ready characters than an opponent. Remove one of that opponent's dice.

Re-reading the rules, it looks like there are 3 states cards can be in:

1. Ready
2. Activated
3. Exhausted

So if I'd not activated any characters yet but my opponent had, then I'd be able to play FLANK - correct?

(When playing we thought ready was after you activated but before you resolve your dice )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question revolves around "tapped" and "untapped" characters. As long as you have more untapped characters, you can use the Flank card. It doesn't matter if your opponent activated a character or not. If you have 4 untapped Stormtroopers and they have Han and Rey, you still have MORE ready characters than your opponent.

Ready : untapped
Exhausted: tapped
Activated: this is a part of exhausting a character. You activate and tap the character to then roll the die or dice on that character's card. So a card is either ready or exhausted. Activated is not a "state" a card can be in. A card has either been activated or is available to become activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you want to use the cheaper version of a character card? For example, in the demo it looks like they are using a 2 dice Rey, but only a 1 die Finn. It appears that you can afford to start BOTH characters with 2 dice - does the starter only COME with a single Finn die?

Is THAT one of the major restrictions in figuring out who you are gonna start? If you want to run a 2 DIE Darth Vader, are you REALLY going to need to get lucky and fine TWO Darth Vader boosters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Olsén
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is true.
The starter has only one dice for Fin. If you want to go for two dice character you need to find two of that character in boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Crabbok wrote:
Why would you want to use the cheaper version of a character card? For example, in the demo it looks like they are using a 2 dice Rey, but only a 1 die Finn. It appears that you can afford to start BOTH characters with 2 dice - does the starter only COME with a single Finn die?

Finn's ability is "you can include Red Villain weapons and vehicles in your deck." You don't need 2x Finn if all you want is the ability to include TIE/fos or blaster rifles in your deck. I expect to see several characters that are like that, with abilities that are worth including in certain deck styles, but only at the 1-copy level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Glaser
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
If we buy the two starter packs and one booster box is that likely to give a 'complete set' for the first wave of cards?

If not, what will?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kirk
msg tools
mbmbmb
aestil wrote:
If we buy the two starter packs and one booster box is that likely to give a 'complete set' for the first wave of cards?

If not, what will?

It will not give you a 'complete set'

Depends on what you hold as a complete set:

1) One of each card (17 Legendaries to collect 6/box so 3 boxes needed)
2) Two of each card 6 Boxes needed (this is with of course everything falling in perfectly)

However a good enough playset I think will come from 1 box and 2 starters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Glaser
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
jtkirk86 wrote:
aestil wrote:

If not, what will?

It will not give you a 'complete set'

Depends on what you hold as a complete set:

1) One of each card (17 Legendaries to collect 6/box so 3 boxes needed)
2) Two of each card 6 Boxes needed (this is with of course everything falling in perfectly)

However a good enough playset I think will come from 1 box and 2 starters.

A 'case' would be 6 booster boxes? And would that theoretically get a basically complete set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
given the boosters are packed randomly, there is no way to be sure you'll get a complete set out of them, but should have enough leftover cards to trade for any missing cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aestil wrote:

If not, what will?

The easiest way to get a complete set would be buying a starter deck for each faction and then buying singles. Buying booster boxes are not reliable because they are totally random. So you might get a complete set with 3 boxes or 1 case or 10 boxes. The most cost effective route I recommend would be buy starters and 2 boxes. This will give you a large enough card pool to trade for what you want. Then purchase singles for what you need to fill in the gaps in your collection.

There is no perfect way to get EVERY card, but that's the best advice I can give to get a full set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jung
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... there's also this thing called "trading". Like with other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Planer
msg tools
Will there be foil cards? I.e. legendary and "foil" legendary, rare and "foil" rare?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShlinkLincoln wrote:
Will there be foil cards? I.e. legendary and "foil" legendary, rare and "foil" rare?

Thank you.

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Planer
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Williams
United States
Rancho cucamunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are there any new expansions or "new waves of cards" announced or rumored? I am asking this because I was really hoping that I could het a prequel trilogy Obi-wan Kenobi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will have 3 sets released per year. We have no announcement on when though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Williams
United States
Rancho cucamunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Have they announced the theme for the next one yet? Ex. Space battles, prequel or original trilogies, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. We don't even have the base set out. I would wait until Jan/Feb before we get something announced

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.