Got a couple of questions from the last couple of games:-
1) Infected cannot smell or see Hero's in a room where the door is closed so have no stimulus, do they a) Head for the last door contact, b) head for the nearest door or c) stand still?
2) Where spawning from a far spawning point do they move as normal to the nearest Hero even when they cannot be seen or smelled?
3) If a Hero is in a room with two doors, the door nearest to the infected is closed but the other door open. As they cannot smell through a closed door do they head to the open door or open the nearest?
Really enjoying the game.
Bryce K. Nielsen
1) Head for the nearest Hero.
2) Move as normal.
3) Nearest path. Door blocks path, so walks outside.
1. Infected will ALWAYS move toward the nearest hero by the shortest possible route (this includes opening doors to active areas). The only time they would move toward a hero that is further away is if they could smell or see another hero but not the closer one. So if you are hiding in a room with the door closed but you are still the nearest and no other heroes are in line of sight/smell infected will still move towards you.
2. Infected will ALWAYS move toward the nearest hero by the shortest possible route (unless they can see/smell someone else)
3. They take the shortest route (open the nearest). even if they were in small range (through the open door) but opening the other door is a quicker route to the target they will open the door.
so in summary, infected always move toward the closest hero using any active areas of the board (including opening doors). unless there is another hero within see/smell range in which case they would charge toward that one.