Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found the boardgaming-online and I am eager to try it. TTA is one of my favorite games. I own a copy but lack of time means I seldom have the chance to play it.

I checked the site's forum but it doesn't seem to have lots of activity nor was the FAQ there very useful. So these are my questions:

- Is it possible to play games asynch at boardgaming-online?
- How do I signal to other potential players that I can only play asynch? I really don't want to ruin the game for people who want to play live.
- Does "private" games mean that you can only join by invitation?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before or if this is not the appropriate place to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PSantos wrote:
- Is it possible to play games asynch at boardgaming-online?

Yes.

PSantos wrote:
- How do I signal to other potential players that I can only play asynch? I really don't want to ruin the game for people who want to play live.

When joining a game, don't join the ones called "live something". It's not unusual to just play 1 or 2 moves a day. When creating a game, call it "not live something".

PSantos wrote:
- Does "private" games mean that you can only join by invitation?

Yes, with password.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can describe conditions for the game you create. I think most people assume the game will be async unless you say otherwise, but it won't hurt to mention it.
Private does what it says - only players who know the password can join. You can also choose opponents on game creation (i.e., invite specific players).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks, people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.