Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LYNDA ORM
United States
Atlanta
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand the rule book regarding Outpost placement. On page 9, there is a diagrams explaining Outposts. What does,"this rule us not restricted to Outposts on the same island either" mean? Can an Outpost be placed on the upper island?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each tile can only have one Outpost touching it.

This rule applies regardless of the landscape (even if the Outpost is on a different island), like in the rulebook example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LYNDA ORM
United States
Atlanta
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
In the "Construct an Outpost" section .. when is a Viking "immediately surrounding the Outpost's location"?

How does this strategize/interact with the ability to "move vikings"? I have no understanding where to move Vikings so that they are "immediately surrounding" the Outpost location. Can Vikings only be placed on the areas on land where three tiles intersect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It just means that they have to be on the land connected to where you want to construct the outpost. Basically they can't be across water on a separate piece of land.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
what is "land connected" to where I want to construct the outpost?

What if my vikings are on the same island, but they are four tiles away from the tile on which I wish to construct the outpost?

Or ... do they have to be on Adjacent or The Same Tile as where you place the outpost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They must be on the tiles where you plan to build the outpost. The 'land connected' rule is to stop players building outposts across water (correct tile but wrong land space).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.