Subject: Terrain Effects on Combat and Stacking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how did something happen.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone help on these?

(1) During the road impulse, defender fire is doubled. If the defender is also in a situation where terrain (hill to non-hill, across bridge) would also cause the defender fire to be doubled, is the fire quadrupled (doubled and doubled again)? The rules specifically say terrain effects can only double the fire once (if on a hill across a bridge the defender would only be doubled and not quadrupled) but does this also apply to the road impulse?

(2) During movement, the phasing player moves into an enemy occupied hex with 3 units. The phasing player moves 3 units into the hex the first 3 units left to attack the enemy occupied hex. The phasing player fails to force all the enemy units out of the attacked hex and so must move his 3 attacking units back to the hex they attacked from. This leaves 6 units in a hex - overstacked. Are the 3 units that attacked therefore eliminated due to overstacking?

Thanks!
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Colinton
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity....
badge
....and I'm not certain about the universe." Albert Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Road impulse doubling for the defender is not a terrain effect. Thus my view would be doubling and then doubling again (or whatever the terrain modifier is) would be perfectly correct.

Have not looked up the specific rules but I have never moved units into the defenders hex and never even considered it. They stay put attack into the defenders hex across the hexside - thus the situation you describe would never arise. 99% sure I will be correct here too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.