Hide
10 Posts

The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch» Forums » General

Subject: Date for Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keegan
msg tools
Does anyone know if CMON has announced a date for the Kickstarter? The early bird typically sells out in a matter of minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have now. Monday, October 24 at 3:00pm EST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandra Kuhl
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
I think they removed the date from their FB page, and just said it will be "soon".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
They did remove it....I have a feeling they didn't want to pit this against the next Shadows of Brimstone starter set which happens on Halloween
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, they briefly posted the October 24 date but it was removed shortly thereafter.

Just as well for me. I'm travelling tomorrow and would have missed that delightful test of my reflexes and internet connection speed that's required to score an earlybird!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric
Canada
Gatineau
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
So,no news for the kS date? Strange?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One can only hope they've decided to finish their backlog of overdue projects rather than launch yet another new one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
One can only hope they've decided to finish their backlog of overdue projects rather than launch yet another new one...

Probably some combination of this, plus
- other mini-heavy kickstarters (Shadows of Brimstone, Mythic Battles, Kingdom Death)
- Mechs vs. Minions coming out of nowhere to suck up $75 of disposable income from the 'deluxe game' buyer crowd that they cater to.

The problem is that if they wait more than another week or two they might as well wait until the new year. With the holidays coming up some percentage of their backers will be saving to spend on other things.

It's kind of hard to believe their last kickstarter was Massive Darkness which ended in early July. Four months now without a CMoN campaign -- it feels wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iñaki
Finland
Lappeenranta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
January 17th according to recent video from their YouTube channel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nineunderground wrote:
January 17th according to recent video from their YouTube channel

Yup, and now confirmed by CMON's own weekly e-mail. January 17 at 3pm EST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.