Subject: Folding the map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Roy
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry for a silly question... but I am having trouble folding the map so that I don't worry that I am going to tear it. I have lots of games that appear to be similar (Ticket to Ride, for example)... but Hands in the Sea doesn't fold the way that they do. I wasn't going to comment... but I just bought a "vintage" copy of Monopoly (I know... for shame!)... also Made in China... with a similar folding problem. However in its case... there was a sticker on the outside of a middle panel that helped me sort it out. I need language like... take the Carthage section and fold it onto the Sicily section (so that the backs of the panels are exposed)... or conversely, fold it away from the Sicily section... then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had/am having exactly the same problem, for what it's worth. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K A
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had that same question in this thread

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23655191#23655191
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Roy
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry I missed your earlier question, K A. I just manually scanned the Comment titles... and didn't search the contents. However, as it turns out, your comment was not rigourously addressed... so hopefully someone can provide a definitive answer... because I heard cardboard starting to tear on one attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K A
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I just thought it was funny that we both referred to it as a silly question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only seven hours ago, I watched my opponent struggle to remember how to fold this. It was his game so I don't have the map in front of me, but...

The key is that irritatingly the map image will be on the outside when folded. IIRC you need to check the connection between the "thirds" - one will give more room than the other. Fold the portions with the shorter connection b(l)ack to b(l)ack, then wrap the other (with the longer connection) around that. Then fold the two halves together.

Did that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dasher47051 wrote:
Only seven hours ago, I watched my opponent struggle to remember how to fold this. It was his game so I don't have the map in front of me, but...

The key is that irritatingly the map image will be on the outside when folded. IIRC you need to check the connection between the "thirds" - one will give more room than the other. Fold the portions with the shorter connection b(l)ack to b(l)ack, then wrap the other (with the longer connection) around that. Then fold the two halves together.

Did that make sense?

Someone should make a short video, perhaps as part of an unboxing video. It seems a lot of people are confused by it.

Edit: I ended up making it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Roy
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you, Carsten. My game has been sitting on the dining room table for one week. Started my first game last Friday evening... 3 hours for 6 turns. We are enjoying the game very much... but are spending a lot of time trying to find things in the rules. Everything seems to be there... but not where I would first look. My friend is here tonight to finish the game. I will try your suggestions after the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, I will work on creating a step by step photo diagram of how to fold the game board this weekend. If I run into any troubles, or it is still unclear, I can create a quick video, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes me two or three tries every time I have unfolded it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone. Dan shot a quick video that shows a quick and easy way to fold the game board here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzdmLgSKE54

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.