United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping the Development Status multiplier would seem to flood the scoring with too many points, due to all those citizens. But I'd like the score to recognize Development Status, so maybe just -- add them all up among the players and multiply by total trading stations?

My instinct is just to add up all DS levels and trading posts and add that in as a raw score.

Are there any math-oriented folks around who have a better sense of proper scoring proportion for this game...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to necro this, but we just started playing this. We scored by only including resources that we still held. (We did not include citizens or goods that we had to supply to the city.)

It's not perfect because my individual goal didn't call for much progress on the development track, so I scored far fewer points for the team. My partner had a personal goal of progressing their development track to level 6, and also built several buildings along the way to fortifying the city.

...but...

We would have lost the whole game had I not done my thing (I put every knight on the wall, for instance) and since it's a team score anyway, that's cool.

I'm no mathematician, but we thought that was a fun/simple way to score our victories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobleSavage wrote:
Sorry to necro this, but we just started playing this. We scored by only including resources that we still held. (We did not include citizens or goods that we had to supply to the city.)

It's not perfect because my individual goal didn't call for much progress on the development track, so I scored far fewer points for the team. My partner had a personal goal of progressing their development track to level 6, and also built several buildings along the way to fortifying the city.

...but...

We would have lost the whole game had I not done my thing (I put every knight on the wall, for instance) and since it's a team score anyway, that's cool.

I'm no mathematician, but we thought that was a fun/simple way to score our victories.

That sounds interesting. Would you score resources even if they had been part of a player's required goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, those I would score because they're still in the possession of the player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.