Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this game with a friend today, first time I've tried it as a 2-player game. During the game, the draw pile ran out before either of us had all four doors. I couldn't find anything in the rules about what to do in that event, since the solo game is over (and you lose) when the deck runs out.

We simply shuffled the discard pile and kept playing, but this seemed odd, since there would be a higher percentage of Nightmare cards in the draw pile at that point. We did finish the game, though, and we both liked it.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You lose when the deck runs out. Why would it be different with two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
You lose when the deck runs out. Why would it be different with two?

We weren't playing the cooperative version. Or is the game supposed to be cooperative with two? Uh-oh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, drat! I found the rule. So it's supposed to be cooperative after all.

Well, in that case, does anyone have a variant that makes it a competitive game in which the goal is to claim all four doors before the other player? Not that I don't like cooperative games, but competitive games are usually more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
This may not be the right game for competitiveness. I like it because it is one of few solitaire games that I actually find calming. If I want competitive I'll play Mage Wars. I like my simple abstracts simple and pretty and my competitive games mean and cutthroat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sredni Vashtar wrote:
Oh, drat! I found the rule. So it's supposed to be cooperative after all.

Well, in that case, does anyone have a variant that makes it a competitive game in which the goal is to claim all four doors before the other player? Not that I don't like cooperative games, but competitive games are usually more fun.

It's up to you to figure out. Oniverse games are supposed to be relaxing, solitaire games that support more difficult two player variants. Not competitive games.
But it's your game and you can play it however you want. So go crazy and then post it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.