Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a no-shipping math trade held at Euroquest in Pikesville, Maryland, on Saturday November 5, 2015.

The thread you are reading is for discussion of the math trade, including complete rules. Please subscribe to this thread so you can be notified of any changes that may occur. I put the rules in this discussion thread instead of the main trade list because they are not repeated on each page (as they would be with a geeklist), making the geeklist more streamlined to browse.

Trade Geeklist: EuroQuest 2016 No-Ship Math Trade (Pikesville, Maryland, November 5, 2016)
Request Geeklist: EuroQuest 2016 No-Ship Math Trade (Request List)
Discussion Thread: EuroQuest 2016 No-Ship Math Trade (Pikesville, MD, Nov 5 2016) (Discussion)
Convention Website: EuroQuest Website

Timeline (all times Eastern Time):

Open for posting games: Now
Deadline for posting games: Monday, October 24, 10:00 pm Eastern
Deadline for want list submissions: Monday, October 31, 10:00 pm Eastern
Results will be posted shortly thereafter.

The actual trade will take place at the convention. If you or your proxy are not present and you do not make other arrangements, you will be responsible for all shipping costs to send and receive the games you traded. You will drop off your games on Saturday at the Canton Games vendor booth any time before 2pm. You will pick up your games at the same location any time after 2pm on Saturday. If you cannot be there on Saturday please make other arrangements with your trading partners.

Rules:

1. You must subscribe to this thread to be informed of changes.

2. The Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be used for this trade since it reduces errors and makes generating want lists so much easier. However I will also accept manual submissions by geekmail if you cannot use the OLWLG. One of the benefits of using the OLWLG is that it makes adding games from your BGG "Trade List" very easy. I am available to answer questions and there are guides on how to use it here on the geek. Please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support.

3. Board games, Video Games, RPG items, and geek gold are allowed. Gift certificates are allowed for vendors at the convention. Use the game item "Outside the Scope of BGG" for geekgold or gift certificates, and include an alternate title such as "+altname+250 geek gold-altname-" or "+altname+$50 gift certificate-altname-" in the description. These special tags make it easier to handle in the OLWLG.

3a. If you choose to receive gift certificates or gift cards, you will need to pay 3% of the value to BoardGameGeek as their commission. After the trade is done, create a marketplace listing with "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" for the amount of the gift card, and then have the sender buy it. Gift cards from local vendors are acceptable in this trade.

4. Please describe your items as fully as possible, including publisher, edition, language, completeness and condition of the game. It is NOT enough to include a picture and say "as pictured," because this does not provide enough information for your fellow traders. Err on the side of too much information. Remember that you want people to pick your items, and the more information they have the more likely they will put your items on their want lists. But don't write a book for each game. Long disclaimers are not pleasant to read either.

5. All items in an offering are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (Power Grid) or a link to the game's page (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2651). Do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG. All items in a single geeklist item will trade as a single unit for all items in another geeklist item.

6. In the unlikely case that you've been reported as a bad trader, you should contact me before you participate.

7. It is ok to remove items that are errors or that have been traded away, until the deadline for submitting games has passed. After this deadline, the trade list will be locked and no further changes will be possible. However, you can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've changed your mind or traded it away elsewhere.

8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. Use of the OLWLG will hopefully reduce any such errors. In the case of problems after the results are posted, they will at most invalidate only the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire result set. In addition if a problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that will be the preferred course of action.

9. Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=74951, ITERATIONS=30, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

If you are new to math trades, check out the following links for a primer on how they work. Feel free to ask specific questions after you have a sense of what they are about. To get started, just add the games that you want to trade as items in this geeklist, one game per item. If you want to offer multiple games as one item (trading it as a bundle) you should add all of the game links to the same geeklist item.

These two cover the same material, but in different learning styles:
The Math Trade wiki page
Math Trades for Dummies

If you need to learn about the online want list generator (OLWLG):
The OLWLG wiki page
Chris' geeklist on How to use Duplicate Protection with the OLWLGrobot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Haas
United States
Parma Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sold one of the games that I had put up as an offering. I deleted it from the link, but it is still showing on the OLWLG. How do I remove it from there before someone adds it to their want list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, I was reading that you are not suppose to delete items as this will happen. You are supposed to just "blank" games put in accidently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the OLWLG has since been updated to where deleting items is okay prior to the final date

The OLWLG gets synched multiple times before the wants list date so the deleted item will disappear soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to manually sync the OLWLG with the GeekList. There could be a delay between changes to the Geeklist and what you see in the OLWLG.

It should be fine to delete items that you have already sold.
You can also just submit an empty wantlist for those items so they won't trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Chalfoun
United States
Owings Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've got a copy of the Evolution: Climate Conversion Kit to put in the math trade. It looks like BGG doesn't have a separate entry for the conversion kit as opposed to the full game. My plan is to list the item under Evolution: Climate and to explicitly state that it's the conversion kit and that a copy of Evolution is required. Is that the best way to proceed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Haas
United States
Parma Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the Value box of Step 3 of the OLWLG? Is the scale 1-10? What is the purpose of putting values on my own stuff? Is a 1 what I least value or the valued the most? I am not sure how this matches up to things or the trade in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Listing the item under Evolution: Climate should be fine as long as you note that it is a conversion kit and not the full standalone expansion in the description.

The Value fields in the OLWLG are so that you can assign numeric values to your own games, which makes editing your wantlist easier if you have a large number of games in the trade. It's basically just a way to sort your wantlist by manually assigning values to games. I've never had to use the value field within the OLWLG before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Haas
United States
Parma Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers!
So: 1.) The values you assign as hi or low are arbitrary to yourself and, 2.)They have nothing to do with the OLWLG choosing what you get or what is traded, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Haas
United States
Parma Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only seen a few games that I have any interest in so far. I have offered 11 items. 5 of my items I have not checked for any of the 2 things I would like. Should I remove these from the trade before the posting deadline? In other words, if I don't have any of my games checked for games I would like, then can they still be traded away somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't submit anything on your want list for a particular item it can't be traded away. There is no need to 'delete' it

Last thing you'd want to have happen is you decide to delete the item just before the submission window closes - then as you are doing that someone else submits a few last minute items, one of which you would have wanted for that item!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Haas
United States
Parma Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I believe I understand it now... So by "submitting anything on your want list," is the same as checking a box for something on my want list, correct? Just want to be 100% sure on this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, in olwlg if you check zero boxes in the row for your item, it wont be traded because it effectively has no want list as a standalone item.

There is almost always at least one person who enters items but never submits any want list for any item. They simple don't get any trades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Haas
United States
Parma Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Lastly:
If I don't have duplicate items on my list of want in Step 4 of the OLWLG, then do I need to do duplicate protection?

In the beginning I posted a game, but then it sold on the Geek Market so I had to pull it. All I did was delete it from the Offer posting link. Eventually the administrator synchronized the OLWLG, and my game dropped from Step 3 as well (all of this was resolved at the top of this thread).

It has been stated that there is another (possibly preferable) way to do this. I've heard I am supposed to "blank" games I want to remove. Someone else said I could submit an empty want list for that item so it won't trade. What are they talking about? Does this have to do with duplicate protection? How do you do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe your game will only get traded if you want something for it. You wont trade an item and get nothing for it, that would be silly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Submitting an empty want list" simply means that you do not check anything in the column corresponding to that game. You can only receive what you check you are willing to receive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I run math trades, if an item becomes unavailable I prefer that people delete it from the trade entirely (if the game entry window is still open) because that removes clutter. Of course, once the game entry window is closed the item can no longer be removed and then the only thing you can do is go through his pockets and look for loose change, er, I mean submit an empty want list for that item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The geeklist is locked and it should be possible to submit Want Lists thru the OLWLG now.

You can submit and re-submit as many times as you like until the final deadline when I calculate the results.

I will GeekMail over the weekend if you haven't yet submitted a want list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The official results are up in the OLWLG. As in the past, you can drop off your games at any time at the Canton Games vendor booth prior to 2PM Saturday, and pick up after 2PM Saturday (or sooner if everyone drops off early).

The OLWLG has a much nicer looking summary, but here is the raw TradeMaximizer output

Quote:
TRADE LOOPS (21 total trades):

(3WGAMES) 0028-SWBNA receives (LYNNCH) 0205-PTC
(LYNNCH) 0205-PTC receives (SIRCARADOC) 0097-GEMRUS
(SIRCARADOC) 0097-GEMRUS receives (JCROG) 0133-DMD
(JCROG) 0133-DMD receives (CHRISWILDES) 0220-STAREA
(CHRISWILDES) 0220-STAREA receives (3WGAMES) 0028-SWBNA

(3WGAMES) 0029-7WON receives (ESOK) 0197-7WB
(ESOK) 0197-7WB receives (CHRISWILDES) 0217-BROSER
(CHRISWILDES) 0217-BROSER receives (FARANIM) 0003-COABAR
(FARANIM) 0003-COABAR receives (3WGAMES) 0258-250GG
(3WGAMES) 0258-250GG receives (THETSHELL) 0104-BOMSQU
(THETSHELL) 0104-BOMSQU receives (3WGAMES) 0238-LAISLA
(3WGAMES) 0238-LAISLA receives (BOOMDAGGER) 0186-SMCTBG
(BOOMDAGGER) 0186-SMCTBG receives (SIRCARADOC) 0177-MOVSE
(SIRCARADOC) 0177-MOVSE receives (3WGAMES) 0029-7WON

(BOOMDAGGER) 0182-RESIS receives (PEFFSTER) 0093-TED
(PEFFSTER) 0093-TED receives (JCROG) 0174-TUMROY
(JCROG) 0174-TUMROY receives (SCOTJN1) 0023-TSUTM
(SCOTJN1) 0023-TSUTM receives (FARANIM) 0010-SHIPY
(FARANIM) 0010-SHIPY receives (SIMPSONPS121) 0267-TEW
(SIMPSONPS121) 0267-TEW receives (CHRISWILDES) 0228-RTTATBA
(CHRISWILDES) 0228-RTTATBA receives (BOOMDAGGER) 0182-RESIS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Not everyday you trade away a base game to get an expansion for it! lol

Anyway, not a ton of trades overall so I've got plenty of games untraded. If anyone is still interested i'm open to trying to work out additional trades or even just sales. If there is anything in particular you want to work out send me a PM, even if its just to ask me to load a game in the car for the trip to the bring n' buy store so you can think more about it there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
its also not too late to submit your untraded games into the Auction Store that will happen on Saturday!

http://www.euroquestcon.com/index.php/eq-presents/bring-and-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.