United States
Pittsburgh
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Recently played for the second time but had some rules questions;
on page 15 there is a card labeled "cider/potions as coins" -
A card with one of these symbols allows the player to spend cider/potions
So if another payer has something for sale and I have this card can I use Cider/potions even though it says on page 9, "but may only pay in coins, and he must pay at least 3 coins."
So my question is does the card break the rules and allow him to pay with cider/potions/coins, can he convert cider/potions to coins first, or can he only buy houses and outposts with cider/potions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you can pay anything in cider/potions/coins since normally the buildings also have to be bought in coins only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says you can use those tokens as coins not swap for coins so if you pay other players then they would remain as tokens to the recipients.
Just to add that the other players would have to choose whether to accept your tokens as payment - it wouldnt be mandatory for them to accept if they asked for three coins but you offered 2 plus a token. They could accept, but wouldn't have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.