Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So an interesting situation came up today. Both Tom Riddle and Peter Pettigrew were in play. There are no control tokens on the current location. I have an ally in hand as well as a card that can remove control. Tom is going to make me discard a card. If I don't need to remove control, I would prefer to discard the card with that ability. However, if I do need to remove control, I may want to discard a different card instead or possibly suffer the health loss. With this in mind, I will want to resolve Wormtail's ability before resolving Tom's ability, but its not clear from the rulebook if I can decide what order to resolve the villains in or not.

I can similarly see a possible issue with Bellatrix. Her ability requires you to resolve an additional Dark Arts card. My assumption has been that you do this during step one, but it is not explicitly stated on the card. Even though Bellatrix's ability is not optional, the Dark Arts card you flip for her might give the heroes a choice. So again, the timing of her ability could change players' decisions.

In what order are villian cards resolved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
davypi wrote:
So an interesting situation came up today. Both Tom Riddle and Peter Pettigrew were in play. There are no control tokens on the current location. I have an ally in hand as well as a card that can remove control. Tom is going to make me discard a card. If I don't need to remove control, I would prefer to discard the card with that ability. However, if I do need to remove control, I may want to discard a different card instead or possibly suffer the health loss. With this in mind, I will want to resolve Wormtail's ability before resolving Tom's ability, but its not clear from the rulebook if I can decide what order to resolve the villains in or not.

I can similarly see a possible issue with Bellatrix. Her ability requires you to resolve an additional Dark Arts card. My assumption has been that you do this during step one, but it is not explicitly stated on the card. Even though Bellatrix's ability is not optional, the Dark Arts card you flip for her might give the heroes a choice. So again, the timing of her ability could change players' decisions.

In what order are villian cards resolved?

Villain abilities should be resolved left to right, so if Peter is to the left of Tom, you will need to reveal for Peter first, and then resolve Tom, and vice versa if the order is reversed.

With Bellatrix, you should just reveal an additional Dark Arks event when you are revealing for the Location.

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.