U-Boat Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Electronics Damage (2nd Edition) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lipa LeChuck
msg tools
mb
So I read in the rules:

"Electronics - The U-Boat's radar and radio are out until they are repaired. The U-Boat does not get the Radar modifier during the Contact phase. Also, if the U-Boat is on a Recon/Rescue Special Mission, it fails this mission."

So... Radar? Recon? Rescue?... I guess this is another sloppy copy-paste from Gato Leader (I don't own that game). Speaking of U-Boat Leader, what are the real consequences of having an Electronics Damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, pretty emarrassing how DVG messed this up.

Initially I thought ELectronics damage would cancel Intel.

Looking through the Gato rules, they have both, Radar and Intel, but there´s no real equivalent to Radar in UL. It´s a bit like a Searcher ability you can buy for your U-Boat.

Since only a few U-Boats have Searcher, having Electronics damage negate this, sounds too much like a rare case. The only other Contact modifier worth negating is Intel. So for the moment I stick with Intel.

As for Recon/Rescue I assume it means Raider. For one, because in GL it replaces the Raider mission. Also the in the GL book it shows a Raider counter in the Recon/Rescue mission paragraph (looks like another copy/paste error).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Fields
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I assume you can't participate in a Wolfpack either since you can't call or be called.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkf2112 wrote:
I assume you can't participate in a Wolfpack either since you can't call or be called.

Makes sense from a thematical Point, but is not mentioned in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Fields
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True. But the rules have enough issues that I feel it necessary to not be bound by the letter of the law here. L

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lipa LeChuck
msg tools
mb
It seems that this is something we'll need to house-rule. So after thinking some more about this, if damaged Electronics really means inoperable radio, then I would assume this would result in the following:

- Air Search has no effect (no radio to receive info from the planes)
- Supply Ship has no effect (same reason)
- Intelligence has no effect (same reason)
- the U-Boat cannot take Attack or Raider missions (cannot receive info about the location of the targets), but can continue on the current mission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.