Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, my name is Paul Grogan and welcome to the third in a series of sneak preview articles for the game Adrenaline, a new game from designer Filip Neduk and published by Czech Games Edition. In this preview, I’m going to be covering the rules for how you score points!

If you haven’t read Sneak Preview 1 or Sneak Preview 2 yet, some of this might not make sense.

I’ve already talked about how you deal damage to someone by shooting them with guns or hitting them with sledgehammers. Now it’s time to explain what happens when someone’s health bar is filled with damage counters.

The 11th blood drop on a player’s board is the killing blow and will cause the combatant to be removed from the arena. Only temporarily, because death is not the drawback that it used to be in the olden days.
However, you will notice that there is space for a 12th blood drop on the right. This is the overkill space, which is as cool as it sounds. So, the 11th point of damage on someone kills them. A 12th damage overkills them.

Whenever someone dies, a few things happen. First you work out who was most responsible for their death; meaning, the player who did them the most damage. This person is awarded 8 points, as can be seen on the bottom of the player board. The player who did the second most amount of damage is awarded 6 points, and so on.

In case of a tie, the player who dealt damage first gets the most points. It's only fair.

There is also 1 bonus point for the player who first dealt them damage, known as First Blood, which btw is a top film from the 80’s which you should watch now. I’ll wait here until you’ve finished watching it.

...time passes...

Ok, you’re back. Cool. Now then, the blood drop that was used to deliver the killing blow is moved to the killshot track on the main game board, replacing the leftmost skull.

And the skull that was taken from the killshot track is placed over the number 8 on the player board of the player who was killed. This means if they are killed again later in the game, they are now worth fewer points. And remember, the skulls on the killshot track are in effect the timer of the game; when they are gone, the game is almost over.
These is also endgame scoring based on how many killshots you have done during the game.

Overkill
If you manage to do a 12th point of damage, something very cool happens. You put both blood drops (the killing damage and the overkill damage) on the killshot track, stacked on top of each other on the same skull space. And since endgame scoring is based on the number of markers you have on the killshot track...
Overkill also causes revenge, which I probably won’t go into detail about here, but it basically means that the next time the player who you killed attacks you, they will get bonus damage.

So, that’s what happens when someone gets killed and how you score points.

In the final preview next week, I’m going to cover Powerup cards and the alternative modes of play.
Until then, stay frosty!

Paul Grogan
Gaming Rules!
On behalf of CGE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
How do you handle ties in the number of damage inflicted when awarding points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
How do you handle ties in the number of damage inflicted when awarding points?
whoever was first. I'll edit my post to add that. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you confirm any variant for 2 players? Some reviews say they were working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the point for "first blood" only awarded when/if that player is killed or do you get it immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agner wrote:
Is the point for "first blood" only awarded when/if that player is killed or do you get it immediately?
Scoring only happens when a player is killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Agner wrote:
Scoring only happens when a player is killed.

Is the damage on living players scored at game end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I like the game. Will it be available to buy at Essen Spiel 16?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and yes. CGE preorder is up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what about the 2p variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Preorder is placed. I'm happy to get my hands on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Great. I noticed that there's no box art yet... what is up with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
Great. I noticed that there's no box art yet... what is up with that?
We are working on it literally as we speak. Needs to go to the printers today I think, so expect something very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the rules coming out this week, Paul ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Late Thursday or Friday for the rules.

Video should hopefully be done this week too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.