Subject: A7 issues. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Foulk
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I know this isn't a game that is concerned with specific weapons capabilities but I do think the A7 needs some adjustments because although it wasn't introduced until the final year of the war all of my reading indicates that the A7 was inferior in every way to the British heavy tanks in crossing difficult terrain... one look at the small tracks and overhanging front and you can see why.

To this end I bog A7s crossing difficult terrain on a Blast symbol as well as a Deadly symbol.This is probably still too generous when the tank is trying to cross trenches.

Also although the armour was much thicker on the A7 than on the British heavies it was NOT hardened and so was probably less efficient at providing protection than it would at first appear... I wonder if this armour thickness is why it has two tank tokens? If so I suggest this is erroneous and should be reduced to one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[I'm reposting a comment I made in an earlier thread]

In game terms, the A7V is clearly superior to the British MarkIV—which I don't think should be quite the case. If the A7V dropped its inherent recovery die and had to make a bog check for the first hex moved (like the British Mark I), I think that would make it behave more like its historical counterpart and help players better understand why the Germans valued the captured Mark IVs they employed.

...Meaning, I agree with you about the A7. I'd just handle it a little differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.