Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
The rule says

"Players then play in turn, beginning with the one whose plan is farthest to the left and proceeding in the order deter‐ mined by the planning board. Each player gets one turn to use as many cards as he or she wishes."

However, I've noticed that there are no cards that affect other players' game play in Last Will. Can't we just play the action phase simultaneously to shorten the play time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Goulding
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play your cards simultaneously if you wish, as you said there is nothing that will affect other players so people can just resolve their actions.

However, when I have played games this way the whole experience of the game falls very flat as you don't get a chance to announce or narrate your actions and share in the story of the game. After I played a game this way, all the players said the game felt very boring.

Next time, we took the time to watch each player's turn and make a story about how the actions we take linked together. I like to see how other people spend their money and hear their reasons as to how and why they got married twice in one turn only to then go on a carriage ride with two ladies who certainly weren't his wives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
Good point. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.