Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to share this one with you, it was so funny.

Played the Pharaoh With the Blue Eyes scenario the other weekend to try out the new Fate's Fortune rules and wanted an easy scenario we knew to start with. It was me, regular Tomb crawler Aaron and a new player, Brad.

The game was brutal! The most evil I've ever seen this game - it was more like Secrets of Robinson Crusoe, lol. The very first room Brad searched was a trap which he failed and lost all his gear! Later, I got trapped in with the Sphinxes and died. Respawned and headed back down to carry on the fight.

Aaron however, uncovered an adventure room and found a bowl filled with molten gold. Foolishly he dipped his hands in to retrieve the object in there and the gold spread through his body turning him into a statue!

The game got worse, Rhaz Azul spawned, I died again and then the next tomb phase had us draw a second tomb card meaning that Rhaz ran straight for the exit and we lost.

Forward to last Wednesday and we decided to play The Collective (I think that's the title - the one with the vampire mobsters). It was the regular group of me, Aaron, Fred, Alex and Helene with Brad joining us again.

This scenario went a lot better but about halfway through the game, Aaron explored another adventure room and the card he drew said that he had entered a chamber filled with golden statues. Very realistic statues, lol. We couldn't have timed it better and the look on his face as the card was read out was hilarious. It's little touches like this that really make the game fun for us and it will be a talking point for quite a while now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,Paul.

yes I agree had similar things sometimes its [pretty] steady to get the mission done.other times its downright deadly.and like you guys encountered first room problems!
like you say,its the complete randomness that makes this game so so good!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:
Have to share this one with you, it was so funny.

Played the Pharaoh With the Blue Eyes scenario the other weekend to try out the new Fate's Fortune rules and wanted an easy scenario we knew to start with. It was me, regular Tomb crawler Aaron and a new player, Brad.

The game was brutal! The most evil I've ever seen this game - it was more like Secrets of Robinson Crusoe, lol. The very first room Brad searched was a trap which he failed and lost all his gear! Later, I got trapped in with the Sphinxes and died. Respawned and headed back down to carry on the fight.

Aaron however, uncovered an adventure room and found a bowl filled with molten gold. Foolishly he dipped his hands in to retrieve the object in there and the gold spread through his body turning him into a statue!

The game got worse, Rhaz Azul spawned, I died again and then the next tomb phase had us draw a second tomb card meaning that Rhaz ran straight for the exit and we lost.

Forward to last Wednesday and we decided to play The Collective (I think that's the title - the one with the vampire mobsters). It was the regular group of me, Aaron, Fred, Alex and Helene with Brad joining us again.

This scenario went a lot better but about halfway through the game, Aaron explored another adventure room and the card he drew said that he had entered a chamber filled with golden statues. Very realistic statues, lol. We couldn't have timed it better and the look on his face as the card was read out was hilarious. It's little touches like this that really make the game fun for us and it will be a talking point for quite a while now.

Being of Greek Descent myself (my father was born in Greece), I've always had a very great fondness for Greek Mythology ... Having the opportunity to write in awesome events like that of Midas was always a pleasure So glad that it helped make stories for you and your friends to tell

Thanks so much for sharing again! I always love hearing what you guys are up to in the Tomb!
And Soon... I'll be able to hear about your stories in the Station!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife an I have had several coincidental occurrences like that. We always have a good laugh when it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United Kingdom
Preston
flag msg tools
I have come to dislike gold! Even on our next play through (Gods save the Queen) there was another mention of gold! Can we have some nice friendly gold instead please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL!

I got the note!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.