Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This latest expansion arrived last month and I've managed to have two plays so far using scenarios from previous expansions to get a feel for the rules. We've not had chance to get the regular team together to try out the 3 scenario campaign yet.

As ever, the quality is great, the fate trackers are good, thick card and easy to assemble with the provided plastic pins. The new ascended character standees are cool and the two bonus characters, Van Helsing and Vampirella are awesome (I love Van Helsing's ascended character - groovy )

The new fate cards add a lot to the game and while initial comments from the group were that they were possibly overpowered, it became clear that the object was to have your character ascend by about the mid point of a scenario. This gives you the best use and you don't feel like it's an anti climax as it might if you levelled up too late in the game.

The traitor mechanic is great and the Werewolf-like voting is a cool addition and adds to the interaction.

The game scales well, making you add more monsters to each spawn depending on how many ascended characters are in the Tomb, so you always have a challenge even when all your party is ascended.

Like everything else with this game, it modular so you can continue playing fully co-operative by giving everyone hero fate cards or you can have a number of traitors. Personally, I can't wait for the game where I make me, Fred and Aaron all traitors and see what chaos transpires (it may not work but it will be funny as we are constantly calling each other traitors anyway)

This is definitely a must have expansion in my view and very worthwhile. Hopefully I will have some session reports for the mini-campaign coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for posting!

So glad you're enjoying it!

We look forward to hearing more about what transpires in your next games!

Happy Adventuring!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.