Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks have wanted more details on this game since it was announced. We're still crossing all our t's and dotting all our i's, so the rulebook hasn't been released into the wild yet, but we think this detailed look at the game's genesis and development from designer Cole Wehrle will hold you over. More to come.

https://hollandspiele.com/blogs/hollandazed-thoughts-ideas-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The set of cited influences is pretty exciting, I'm eager to see the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.
mb
Thanks for posting. This is easily my most anticipated release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
Folks have wanted more details on this game since it was announced. We're still crossing all our t's and dotting all our i's, so the rulebook hasn't been released into the wild yet, but we think this detailed look at the game's genesis and development from designer Cole Wehrle will hold you over. More to come.

Really interesting article. I have one really big question though. WHEN IS THE PRE-ORDER! Throwing money at my screen does not seem to accomplish anything .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping this will end up working in a classroom environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
seanmac wrote:
Hoping this will end up working in a classroom environment.

Maybe. The game is short and has a small(ish) footprint, but teaching it to students can be a little tricky. To teach the game thoroughly to a big group of folks with a little experience with games it takes about 20-30 minutes.

But, the game could be used to demonstrate supply/demand, political instability, risk assessment, economics of scale, and respectability politics though most of those subjects are engaged in fairly subtle ways within the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long does a game take approximately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerit wrote:
How long does a game take approximately?

First game will be about two hours depending on players but it comes down fast once players know what's up. The record for a game with five players that goes the full length (4 turns) is about sixty minutes, but that was after many plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can it be solo'd?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spindoc wrote:
Can it be solo'd?

There is one piece of unknown information that each player has. If you can pretend like you don't know it's perfectly soloable .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eva01iastate wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

Really interesting article. I have one really big question though. WHEN IS THE PRE-ORDER! Throwing money at my screen does not seem to accomplish anything .

There won't be any pre-orders-- when the game is ready to come out, we'll start taking orders.

We're bagging cubes for the first batch of games this weekend, and we hope to have the rulebook out for people to look at in the next fortnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Totonchy
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole, I'm very much looking forward to this one. I agree with your sentiment in the article, I think we definitely need more games that simulate conflict but aren't only about war/empire or greed/accumulation of capital. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

I am interested.

As you may know, I live in Hong Kong, a place where political strife is the norm nowadays, which the root cause can trace its origin from the Opium War. The Opium War, in my opinion, was a dark history occurred between British empire and Chinese empire. I am really curious how the game model it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.