Subject: Elder Sign + Unseen Forces - For first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!

I will be getting Elder Sign/UF/GOA second hand, but oly have a little on my phone, so for what I have been reading I should shuffle ES and UF and never lock back, but since it is my first time playing the game, should I...:

1 - ...Play vanilla Elder Sign and after some games, add Unseen Forces cards and rules?

2 - ...Mix UF and ES cards, play my first games with Vanilla ES rules only, then slowly add UF Rules.

3 - ...Mix everything together and play with UF rules my first games.

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Use core set Mythos, shuffle all the small investigator cards together, don't use UF AOs until you've a couple of plays under your belt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Use core set Mythos, shuffle all the small investigator cards together, don't use UF AOs until you've a couple of plays under your belt

Thank you for your fast reply!

And after some plays, add AO, Unseen Forces Rules and all the other cards and dices?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

And after some plays, add AO, Unseen Forces Rules and all the other cards and dices?

Yes! Also, beware that if you shuffle in from the very beginning all the items coming with UF, then you'll need to learn the Blessed rules coming with UF. Otherwise you have to leave out (simply, when you draw them, discard and pick another card) the Cross (common item) and the Holy Water (unique item) that both grant you a blessing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Scarlet Witch wrote:

Yes! Also, beware that if you shuffle in from the very beginning all the items coming with UF, then you'll need to learn the Blessed rules coming with UF. Otherwise you have to leave out (simply, when you draw them, discard and pick another card) the Cross (common item) and the Holy Water (unique item) that both grant you a blessing

Thank you!!! Can't wait to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Archidelic wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

Antoher quick question, I got the game with UF and Gates. Can I mix the Gates investigators and items too when playing my first games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
Antoher quick question, I got the game with UF and Gates. Can I mix the Gates investigators and items too when playing my first games?

Yes, you can mix all the small investigator cards (spells, items, allies) in and you can use the new investigators
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Archidelic wrote:

Yes, you can mix all the small investigator cards (spells, items, allies) in and you can use the new investigators

Thank you! You are an amazing help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.